DenNor FW

Emil stared gloomily out of the window.
"What are you doing?" Lukas sounded so annoyed just then, but Emil didn't care. He had a weird feeling about the blonde man who got out of the moving van.
"Spying on the new neighbours."
His brother came up behind him, took one look out the window, then shrugged and went back to his study, doing grown-up things that Emil didn't care about.
Lukas wasn't bothered by the new neighbour. Emil, however, kept watching. There was something about him...

Walking up to the red brick house, Matthias saw a curtain move. Someone was watching him. That isn't creepy at all.
He rang the doorbell and heard it echo throughout the whole house. A few seconds and footsteps later, the door was opened by a teenage boy with short white hair and blue eyes. He didn't say anything, just leant against the doorway and stared at Matthias with an eyebrow raised.
I guess that's my cue. "Hi. I'm Matthias Køhler. I moved into the house next door. I'm just introducing myself to the street."
The teen stared at him expressionlessly. "Okay. Hi."
Matthias smiled, and continued talking. He really did want to make friends, hopefully with someone his own age, not a moody teen. "Is there an adult around? One of your parents or something?"
The white haired teen groaned. "What? I'm obviously not grown up enough to live on my own?"
"Uh, well..."
"Forget it. You obviously wanna talk to Lukas," he grumbled, starting to walk backwards.
"Uh, sure. Lukas is...?"
"My brother," he called over his shoulder as he turned and walked into the house.
Matt stared awkwardly around the garden. He noticed the water theme, with a fountain, boat shaped flowerpots and marine animal statues dotted amid the plants.
He turned back when he caught sight of a figure in blue coming to the door.
The man offered a small tilt of his head as welcome. "Sorry about that. Emil's going through a emo phase at the moment."
"No I'm not!" was heard in the background. Lukas rolled his eyes.
Matthias grinned at the boy's response, then noticed the name he'd heard, and stared open-mouthed at Lukas. That name, Emil, was etched onto his own arm.
Okay. He had to make his first sentence count. But what was he going to say?
"Hey? You okay?" Lukas waved his hand in front of Matthias's face, frowning ever so slightly.
He still couldn't think of anything, so he blurted out the first thing to come to mind. "Uh... I'm... I like vikings and beer." Great soulmate words, Matthias. Truly. Lukas must have been so fucking proud of those words tattooed on his arm for his whole life. He's really blessed.
"Um... Good for you? An-" Realisation hit his face. "Oh."
Matthias nodded, still annoyed at himself. "Yep. Hi, again. Matthias Køhler."
"Lukas Bondevik," Matthias received.
They both stared awkwardly at each other until Lukas stepped back from the doorway.
"Do you want to come in and have some coffee?"

*Alternative Words*

"I'm... I like axes and beer."
I thought that was a little too Jason for Lukas to be comfortable with, so I changed it to vikings.

"I like axes, and killing things, and going berserk, and beer. Oh, and riding dragons, apparently!"
"Isn't that a Welsh thing?"
"Not any more!" :D

508 words.

To answer the question that a lot of these AUs get, of 'Why doesn't everyone say something completely random when they meet someone for the first time?' It's because everyone's stupid, and doesn't think of that.
Also because it has to kinda follow the conversation somewhat, not just be a weird sentence like, "Unicorns have thick eyebrows" which I just came up with on the spot, and reading over it-Does that mean Arthur is secretly a unicorn? That explains why his 2P is pink...
🎶 Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows 🎶
And Matthias liking vikings and beer would probably come up in the 'I'm your new neighbour" talk sooner or later. This is Danmark we're talking about.

Sayonara.