Ten

◇◇◇

Joshes room wasn't very interesting, it was painted a red color but a light red, not too bright. He had a desk with a laptop and a queen size bed. He had a shelf with some nic nacs on them, that was really it.

"Sorry we ran up here and stuff, I just don't want my parents to see you and get all impressed that I made a friend
"Josh was now talking in a regular voice "I'm your friend?" "Well do strangers hang out with you?" 'No I just haven't really thought about it I guess" "Am I your friend?" Tyler asked "Well yea, like I said I just haven't thought about it before but yes." Josh replied with a simple "cool" he wants them to be more than friends if you know what I mean. But he barely was even friends with him and he only liked him because of his looks so far.

The two boys just sat and talked for what only seemed like 20 minutes but was in reality 1 hour, in this time they got to know each other better.

They found themselves at a loss for words, they sat for a while until Tyler said "You would look cool with red hair" it was such a random statement Josh thought about it for a moment, then nodded in agreement. "Do you want me to dye it?" Tyler asked. Josh was so unprepared for this question but if it looked bad it's not like he really left the house anyways. "Well I would have to ask my parents" "Do it" Tyler had such an unusual personality but Josh liked it.

Josh came back to Tyler and he said he was aloud to. He had a large grin on his face, he was finally going to change himself for once.

By the time the two boys had walked to the nearby drugstore it was already seven PM. Neither of them minded or even noticed the time though. They picked out the red Josh liked the most and headed back. On the way, there were two of Tyler's 'friends' standing behind the diner. They hadn't even seen them coming until one of them said "What are you doing with clumsy here?" They both (tyler and josh) turned around the same time. "Were just hanging out" Tyler suggested. "Doesn't look like it from here" the other man said "Well that's it" Tyler said "Tyler has a boyfriend, Tyler has a boyfriend" they sang. Tyler was angry "Just fuck off, okay?" Joshes happy mood turned to a mix of anger and he became scared. He decided to not get involved and backed up a couple steps. "Ooo, are you scared?" One of the men said again Josh was caught of gaurd. "Uhh... no, well yes. No!" Josh decided he was more angry than anything and they men noticed this. "Dude calm down" one said.

No one knew at the time that Josh worked out quiet a lot, his dad had also taught him how to fight.

Josh wasn't in in the mood for this. He didn't like how his emotions changed so quickly. Furry was shown in his face, he turned red. Tyler had a sad look on his face. Josh had noticed this because tyler turned to look at him. The men took this as a chance to punch tyler, for a moment Tyler just stood there and let the men beat him forgetting they weren't his dad. He snapped out of his haze when he heard Josh screaming at him to do something. This was all too formilliar. The beating, the screaming.

Tyler pulled up a fist and threw it at one of the men's faces but he was quick to respond. The man grabbed his fist twisted it and threw it back into Tyler's body, he ached, and pulled in his wrist to his chest and stumbled back onto the ground. Josh barely knew what was happening, as it had happened all too fast. He felt as he was betraying Tyler by not doing anything so he jumped in and worked on one man at a time. He punched him in the nose causing his eyes to water and his nose to bleed. Josh threw his leg straight up in the man's crouch and he doubled over, letting Josh push him down and kick him in the side. He quickly did the same to the other man and picked Tyler off the ground and held him upward and they ran from the scene, not stopping until they made it back to his house.

◇◇◇

These chapters are very short but I'm so new to writing fanfics so I'm doing my best. I hope you're enjoying the story! I can't believe I've already gotten 28 reads!