Epilogue

“Ivor please! Just listen sweetie!” “No.” The two year old child stamped his feet. “I wanna go! Why can’t me, Ronnie, Nyx and Alexi come! Actually no. Just me!” For a two year old his English was advanced. He was growing so fast.

“It’s your father’s and I anniversary. We are having a break. Now stop stomping those feet and be a be a good little prince. Will you?” I smiled at him, and dropped down to my knees till I was his height. His dark brown hair fell in ringlets around his little head. His arms were crossed but he nodded.

“Please be back soon and don’t forget about us.” I laughed. “Like I ever could Ivor. My brave and beautiful boy.” Kissing his head he ran off down the long stone hall. Rising to my feet I watched him with a smile on my face.

A pair of arms came around my waist. Jumping, I laughed as I Carlisle snuggle into my neck. “Hello Baby. Ready to go?” I smiled, “Nearly. I only have said goodbye to Ivor not the others.”

“Good cause neither have I. Come on!” His hand clasped mine as he pulled me up the halls. He was dressed in black slacks with a black crisp shirt. I was in a ruby red knee length dress. A favourite of Carlisle’s.

Turning the corner my best friend Nyx and her husband, Carlisle’s maker Peter jumped out. “Happy hundredth wedding anniversary.” We laughed at them. Nyx pulled me into a hug, and Peter kissed my cheek.

“We promise to take good care of the children your highness.” Peter bowed mockingly at me. “Stop that! You know I hate it! I know. I hate leaving them.” Carlisle wrapped his arms around me. “They are safe here.” I knew he was right.

After the night of the bombings a hundred years ago, Peter was finally hit with realisation of how much Nyx meant to him. He didn't want to lose her. Two years later they got married. They have been there for us, and are our next leaders in command.

When I fell pregnant ninety five years ago, Carlisle and I were ecstatic. It took longer to fall pregnant due to the changes and stresses made by us becoming King and Queen. The pregnancy was quicker than most. Five months to be exact. They baby was growing so fast, it was weird.

My waters broke while Carlisle was speaking to his people. Peter found the doctor and helped me. Including letting Carlisle know. Carlisle got there just in time, he was great. Six hours of labour and we were met with a healthy vampire boy. We named him Alexi after Peter of course. He stopped aging at twenty-five.

 Ten years after having him, we had our first girl; Nyx. Named after my best friend. Her nickname is Nyxee, or Pixie. She stopped aging at twenty-two.

Having Veronica thirty years after them both, named after my mother. She was more of a surprise. Vampires finding it hard having children. Two is normally the max. Three? Crazy. She stopped aging at sixteen like myself. She liked the idea of being young forever. She may regret it one day. She does look older though.

Then finally Ivor. Named after the great King. He was again a surprise. We have been told that we are blessed in many ways. We had him two years ago. The pregnancy was rocky, and the birth rockier. We nearly lost him at one point but he is strong. Just like Ivor was.

I have been so blessed.

The world has changed, as have we. But still we never aged. Living in the castle was the best thing. After the bombing, we refurbished it then became King and Queen. I have always been by my husband’s side. I can’t believe I ever questioned us getting the thrown. The kingdom was spectacular and loyal. So many new laws have come into place, making people happy. As well as protecting our secret. We weren’t ones for executions. We let our people decided.

Colby came down the hall, Tate’s arm around her. “Happy anniversary guys!”  Tate finally told her the truth a couple of months after my human death. She was shocked at first, till I turned up at her front door.

She was changed at twenty one. They have a daughter, Aurora. She’s five now, and beautiful. Ali died a long time ago. That hit me hard. She married Jack though; they had three beautiful children and were blessed with many grandchildren. They lived out their days.

My mother and father had another child after me. A little girl, Angelica. I did go and stop by with her sometimes. She's had a difficult life. But in her early years, she looked just like me; making a light in their eyes.  They died much later. My mother first, my dad shortly after.

So many people I loved have died, but that’s okay. Because that’s life. Just because I can outlive them doesn’t make me cold.

Saying our goodbyes to our princes and princesses I knew they would be okay. Alexi was very protective. He’s reaching a hundred. He never did find his soul mate. But I think she is being born now, every now and then there are little signs that he can feel her somewhere. Carlisle thinks its like how we were brought together. By feeling.

We left the great castle in the back of the large black car driven by our chauffer. Our suitcases were loaded, and I was snuggled up to my husband. Who I still am deeply in love with.

“Where are we going my love?” He kissed my head. “Well, we’ve been so busy with the kingdom I believe I forgot to show you how much I love you. So we are spending a week in Aspen, skiing once more. Then to Paris, then to London, then to Rome, then to Greece. We have three months away. I know it will be hard being away from the children, but my darling; we deserve a luxurious break.” I smiled at him.

We didn't get much time for holidays, our longest lasted two weeks. Three months? That is crazy!  “Half way through we come back for a week for the kids then go again. I know you can’t spend too much time away from them. Neither can I.” I laughed. His love for our children was obvious, he adored them and spoke often of them. He still requires a bed time story us all together at least once a week. Terrible.

“Also, I’ve been thinking.” I looked up at him in confusion.

“I don’t like the number four. I like five though. I want to have another baby.” I laughed. “Another?” He nodded sheepishly. “Yeah.”

“You really like the idea of a big family don’t you?” He nodded again, a large smile on his face. “Yeah. I want a lot of children! All with you! I’ve done my research. Many female vampires can’t have children after the two hundred years mark. You are a hundred so my’dear. Remove the clothes.” I burst into laughter.

“You are just terrible.”

He laughed. “I love you so much Queen Grayson.” I never doubted that for a moment. You can see the love he has for me, it’s the same as I have for him.

“And I love you King Grayson. Till the end of time.” His grin grew showing his teeth, he leant down and kissed me patiently.

Maybe we can have more than four children. Let’s see.