Chapter 11 - What does it mean?

“I’m so glad to be home. Mum and dad won’t give me any space though. It’s annoying.” I laughed. Ali was finally home, and so was I. She just called me like she promised she would.

Carlisle and Freddy are trying to watch out for anyone who enters the town, but we are literally getting nowhere. At first I thought it could have been Freddy, but he’s been spending a lot of time with Ali. I did wonder why he did. My thoughts changed and pin pointed Peter and Elizabeth. Peter is a cruel man and has been here once before, and Elizabeth is nowhere to be seen. I didn't want Carlisle to know how worried I am. I tried to suppress the emotion as often as possible.

Tomorrow was my birthday; I’ve told Ali to keep her mouth shut about it as I haven’t told Carlisle, Freddy or Elizabeth.

I heard the faint sound of a key turning in the lock, looking out my window I saw dad was home. It was half eight and the sun was sunken hours ago. It’s winter now. I had one day left off my break from school. Half term. Well, there was also the weekend.

Carlisle was still sleeping I believe, he stayed with me till ten in the morning when I told him to go and sleep. I did wonder where he slept though. In a bed? In the tomb? In a hole in the floor boards? To be able for him to walk in the sun, he has his necklace but he needs to constantly think about it. Think about the fact he has the necklace. It’s like a mental and physical barrier to shield him from the sun. When he’s sleeping he won’t be thinking about it.

I didn't want to go back to school, this past week has gone well despite the incidents of last week. Ali and I are better friends than before, Carlisle and I have resorted to nothing but kissing. The feeling of his touch on my skin was bliss; I never wanted it to end.

Still I haven’t told him of my thoughts of him biting me. How do you tell someone that? My test results still have not come back. That is worrying. They said it will be four to five days, we are on six days and having no thought of them coming back yet.

Heading down stairs, dad was in a jolly mood. We went about making Macaroni and cheese before mum’s arrival. My phone vibrated in my pocket as dad was stirring the pasta in its sauce. Looking at the screen I saw Carlisle had text me. The word ‘upstairs’ was the only thing written.

Excusing myself, I ran up the stairs and up the next flight of stairs to my room. Looking my door behind me, I turned and instantly flattened against the wall.

“I wish I was with you all the time. Being without you is horrible. What have you done to me?” He breathed on to me. What have I done to him? More like what has he done to me? My breathing hitched at our closeness, I tried to hide any emotions I didn't want him to see.

“Well hello there.” He chuckled at my sarcastic response. Just a simple ‘hello’ isn’t that hard. I saw a smile begin to form on his face. My insides melted. How in God’s name, did I get this extremely sexy man as a soul mate? Carlisle’s smile grew bigger and I was starting to wonder if he can actually read my mind.

“Well then, hello Darling, what is the plan for the night?” Carlisle’s crisp voice was no surprise. Already wanting to know the plan. “I don’t know. My dad’s downstairs. We are making Macaroni cheese.” I smiled a big cheesy grin. One of his eyebrows lifted at the unknown name for a food. “Pasta in cheese sauce.” I explained. He nodded in understanding. “When do I get to meet the father?” His ask caught me by surprise.

“Do you want to?” Curiosity and confusion, clear in my voice. “Of course, one day I wish to ask for your hand in marriage. I have to have the father’s approval.” Before I could help it, I burst into a fit of giggles. I forget he is so old.