Chapter 7 - I will have a date

“So you are saying, you’ve never had date to any dance?” We were at Carlisle’s manor. Looking through his wardrobe of old clothes. They were beautiful. More feminine, with the ruffled shirts and tight leggings, but never the less, beautiful.

“I’ve never had a date in general, in all honesty. I’m not that attractive you know.” I looked down at the hardwood floor. He was on the other side of the room, but in front of me in an instant. “Yes you are. You are beyond beautiful.” He made me look up at him, before gently placing a kiss on my lips. He smiled at me before pulling away.

“What are you dressing up as?” I felt awkward saying. Him and his times, meant underwear was still long and covered your entire body. “Well I’m a pirate, with a twist.” One of his eyebrows raised. He was unsure. “What do you mean?”

Sighing I pulled out my phone. Ali took a picture of me in the pirate costume when I tried it on, I can not remember the reason. Showing him, he didn't look impressed. “I don’t think you should wear it.” My jaw dropped. “Are you going to forbid me or something?” I slid my phone into my pocket and crossed my arms.

“Well, yes I am.” I think my eyes could have popped out. “You cannot tell me what to do.” His jaw twitched, he was angry. I couldn’t care less; because so was I.

“Watch me.” He was being serious. “You need to get down off your high horse. I can wear what the hell I want. It is a costume, it’s called dress up. It’s not like I am going naked.” Carlisle growled at me.

“We are not in the seventeen hundreds. Times have changed and so has it’s clothes. I will be going on my own tonight. Thanks for the offer.” I couldn’t add anymore sarcasm to that last sentence, even if I tried. His hand came up to rub his forehead, his eyes were shut.

“This is all new to me. I just don’t approve. You are mine, and only mine. I don’t really want people seeing everything.” I shook my head at him. I am not his.

“I am not anybody’s. Also, it covers basically everything. I even got the next size up in the skirt and bought a belt just so it will be longer.” An animalistic growl sounded. Much more aggressive than the time Freddy kissed the back of my hand.

One minute I was standing, the next I was on the bed. His body on top of mine. What the hell does he think he is doing? “You are mine. And only mine. Do you get it?!” His voice growled in my ear. I shook slightly but at the same time, something inside me stirred awake. I liked him being like this. Now I am going crazy.

His now green eyes pierced into my own. Nodding, I didn't know what to say. A slight smile captured his lips, bringing the corners up. He had such a handsome smile.

Every moment I spent with Carlisle, I got more and more attached. He was trying on the outfits he used to wear. Telling me the stories behind them. He used to have his own suit maker and seamstress.

Once he saw a hat maker struggling. He couldn’t feed his wife or children. Because of that, he bought five hats a week for a good three months. Considering this man would sell one a month, it changed everything for him. Back then pennies were everything.

He spoke so fondly of the people he met, even though he was a ‘monster’ he tried to help the less fortunate.

“What about Peter? The vampire who changed you?” He was telling me more about Freddy, and I had to ask. Carlisle’s demeanour changed. He shifted slightly, not feeling at ease any more. His back straightened, and his jaw tightened.