Chapter 5 - Frederick and Elizabeth

Frederick was an attractive man, just like Carlisle. Of Carlisle was much better.

I felt weird comparing every man to Carlisle, a man I hardly know and still question. He was a wider build than Carlisle, but with the same dark brown hair. He was much older though. He looked like he was changed when he was late thirties possibly. I wasn’t sure.

He greeted Carlisle with the up most respect, a smile never left his face and amazement never failed in his eyes. I did wonder though. Why did he never go to find him? I didn't want to seem rude and ruin their outside meeting. We were by the gates to the Grayson manor.

“You must be Baby. He has told me so much about you; in fact he doesn’t shut up.” He gave a humour full laugh and shook my hand. Frederick was polite, and kissed the back of my hand. A low animalistic growl sounded. I got scared, but then relaxed as I noticed it was just Carlisle.

That scared me quite a bit, how I wasn’t frightened of him.

Frederick let out a bark of laughter, he was enjoying this. He took a step back and held his hands up. He was dressed in a full tailored suit. His jacket and pants were black and a white shirt was nestled underneath with a black tie.

Carlisle put an arm around me, pulling me to him. The close contact should have scared me but it didn't, that made me more angry at myself than before.

Finally we left the spot we stood and walked towards the manor. Carlisle stood between us, his arm still around me. I didn't think much of it.

A gasp escaped my lips. “I hope you like it Carlisle. I’m sorry for not finding you sooner, it was hard to track you. I didn't know where your new home was, and you haven’t had your original name since your change. I never thought to look at that. Pretty stupid of me actually. But here it is.”

Frederick did this? The house was standing in its beautiful glory. Not the broken walls, smashed glass and odd colour walls but the way I imagined it would be. Bright white walls reflected the moonlight. Each window had been replaced, and its window frame carefully repainted. The dark blue shutters were replaced and hung perfectly straight.

The grass was cut, and the weeds were gone. A drive way was starting to take construction under our feet. The black roof was fully repaired and the chimney reinstalled. It was beautiful.

“I was with you all day. How?” Carlisle was bewildered himself. In the space of two days, he was let out of his tomb. Met the girl he is apparently in love with. Found an old friend, and now his house was refurbished. He hasn’t seen kindness in nearly three hundred years.

“Well, I have many friends and acquaintances my Lord. Not to mention, Elizabeth helped me.” Who was Elizabeth? At the same time I thought it, Carlisle said it. Okay, this was getting weird.

“My wife. My soulmate.” With that a beautiful blonde women came out of the house. She was stunning, beautiful blonde curls were pinned up on her head, but a couple falling down. She wore a pale pink shirt, tucked into a white long skater skirt which reached beneath her knees. Small flat white Chelsea style boots covered her feet. She was traditional, and new. She looked like she just stepped out of a high end fashion magazine. I did have to shut my mouth, once I realised my jaw was dropped.

“You must be Lord Grayson. Freddy had told me much about you.” She bowed slightly at Carlisle, and I felt rude for the way I first acted towards him. I ran from him I think. Big golden eyes glowed at me. She was too perfect. Maybe vampires really did exist.