Chapter 9 - What attacked you?

“What? What’s wrong? Oh my god.” Ryan was shouting, then his voice dropped to a mere whisper. I was too in shock to move.

I heard him speak to the ambulance crew, I didn't even hear him call them. Sitting beside Ali, I begged her to talk to me. The crew came over, and they were about to put her neck in a brace and then I saw it. Her neck was from where the blood was coming from. A vampire did this. Images flashed through my mind, who did this?

I was finding it hard to breath, but slowly I found my voice as the paramedics asked who will accompany Ali. Although Ryan wanted to go, he let me past. Climbing into the ambulance, someone grabbed my arm, turning Carlisle stood there, concern shone in his face. “Are you okay?” He pulled me in a hug. At first I was about to hug him back, but then I remembered; he is one.

Going stiff in his arms, he pulled back to gaze at me. “Leave me alone.” I ran from him and climbed in the ambulance. Holding my best friends hand, I watched as her heart stopped beating. I was pushed back as they brought the crash kit over and used the CPR apparatus to get her heart starting once more.

The doors were wide open, and Ryan was inside the vehicle once more. Police cars turned up and the officers were pushing the bystanders back. Ali’s heart started to beat again, but it was faint. The doors were slammed shut and we were off.

The journey passed quickly as all I could do was stare at her. Her left hand was being held by both of mine. Tears were falling from my eyes but I felt nothing.

She’s my best friend, and I couldn’t protect her. My phone kept vibrating, but I ignored it.

When we reached the hospital, it was like every film. She was being rushed inside, with me by her side. We were taken to a large room and they began to stitch up her neck wound. I was told to wait in the hall; I knew there was nothing I could do. Stepping towards the door, I looked at my best friend once again. They were sticking needles in her arms, tabs over her heart and started to hang the blood bag above her head.

Looking through the glass window Carlisle, Ryan, Freddy, Elizabeth and Ali’s parents were in the hall. I got an overwhelming wash of anger run over my body. Why are they here?

Wiping my flat hair of my head, I felt my head feel wet. Looking at my hands I saw Ali’s blood. Oh my god. I need to wash this off.

Pushing the doors open Ali’s mum ran to me first. I was surrounded by a ring of people. “What did they say? They won’t tell us anything!” I looked down at my hands. “She has a cut on her head, so they have to wait for her to wake up to see how bad the damage is. She is currently getting a blood transfusion for her high amount of lost blood and her neck is being stitched up.” A couple of gasps were heard.

“Neck? What? Who did this to her?” I looked up at Carlisle, my gaze hard. “They think its an animal. If you will excuse me.” Pushing out of the ring, I made my way to the toilets. Standing over the sink I looked at my gaunt less face in the mirror.

My makeup was smudged and was running down my face. A smear of blood was bright on my forehead. My hands were caked in it as well. My white skirt was stained as well. My tights were ripped, and my hair had lost its bulkiness. I looked a mess.

Going into one of the stalls I pulled some of the tissue out of the dispenser, wetting it I began to scrub of the blood. Next to go was the makeup. My skin was left a bright red from the scrubbing, with patches of grey from where the makeup was too strong. The door pushed open, and I didn't think much of it, that was until the lock clicked into place.