Chapter 4 - This is just a dream

It was like all my dreams and nightmares being moulded together into one. He looked just like he did in his coffin. Apart from his skin was repairing his self.

The strong, dead, musky smell filled the room. “Lord Grayson.” I mumbled. I didn't even think about saying it. A perfect smile spread across his lips. It would have been more perfect, if half of his top lip wasn’t missing. Instantly I gagged and the smell of decaying flesh.

“I’m sorry my dear. But I had to meet you. I’ve been waiting centuries to see you.” His old English accent was so strong, so posh. He stepped forward, I stepped back.

“Maybe I should come back another time.” A look of disappointment crossed his face. “Or not at all.” I mumbled to myself. This is just a dream. I repeated to myself. That’s all. I’m tired, and now I’m dreaming.

“You are not dreaming Darling.” Lifting my head, I sighed. He was still standing there. And most likely reading my mind. I am so going crazy. “Or going ‘Crazy’. That’s a weird term thought.” He seemed confused.

“What are you doing here?” My voice was light. “Well as you undid the chains and removed the flowers I was able to finally start to heal. Thank you for that Darling.” He stepped closer, more into the light.

“I didn't know what I was doing. I can’t even-” He cut me off.

“I know Darling. We do weird things for our soul mates. The ones we are destined to be with. You felt pulled to me. For years I waited for you to find me. I prayed you would. Using the last of my strength to speak to you. To enter your dreams. It was all worth it. You are so much more beautiful than I imagined.” He smiled again. This time he had a full pair of lips. He was healing right here, in front of me.

My head was nothing more than a jumbled mess. “I am not your ‘soul mate’ or your ‘Darling’. I’m confused. This isn’t happening. You need to leave.” I stepped further away from him. Edging closer to my bathroom.

“Please, don’t be afraid of me. I have spent many years thinking about you and only you. I am not evil. Well, I try not to be. Please do not fear me.” His green eyes were pleading. This cannot be happening.

Taking my only chance, I lunged for the bathroom. Slamming the door behind me I heard him slam into the other side. He knocked, pleading with me. But I resorted to putting my fingers in my ears and humming musical show tunes. Finally I opened the door.

The room was vacant. As I did so, mum came into my room. “Is everything okay Baby?” She looked worried. Looking around my room; I didn't see him. “Yeah sorry I’m fine.” I smiled at her.

“I heard a loud thud.” She looked around my room. “Sorry, we all know how clumsy I am. I fell over.” She just nodded and wished me a good sleep. Closing all the curtains, I locked my windows and doors. Lying down on my bed, I heard the faint sound of crinkling piece of paper beneath me. Sitting up, I picked up the piece of paper. It was the same piece of paper that was on my memo pad that sat on my desk. I realised this by the ‘winnie the pooh’ outline in the corner. Childish, I know.

The words Darling, I will come back for you. Were scrawled across in beautiful handwriting. Calligraphy. I wanted to ball it up and throw it in the bin, instead I put it into the draw with the necklace.

Falling back onto my bed, I dreamt of him.

Although I didn't want too.

-

“You look like rubbish. Are you okay?” Looking up at Ali, I glared at her. “Why thank you Ali. How nice of you too say so.” She shrugged at my rudeness. I must have had an hour of sleep. After I fell asleep, I woke up again. After that I couldn’t sleep. I even watched the sun rose.