Chapter 6 - Will they hit me?

“Baby? How are you feeling?” I groaned and rolled onto my back. My mother was sitting on the bed beside me, worry shone all over her face.

“Not great. Why?” I felt like absolute rubbish, my head still spun and my stomach was all over the place. “You have a temperature. You look really pale, do you want to stay off school today?” I’ve never missed a day of school. Every year I got a certificate for one hundred percent attendance. Even when I felt ill, I powered on.

“Yeah. If that’s okay. I just don’t feel well at all.” My croakiness was leaving my voice as I was fully awake, but I put it back on. I don’t want to go, at all. I need to think about everything.

“Okay. I understand. You must be feeling really bad to not go. You always go.” She gave a light laugh. I smiled in return. “I will call the school on the way to work using the Bluetooth in the car. Your father has already gone and I’m leaving now. Please eat today, maybe go for a walk when you feel better for fresh air? I love you sweetie.” She leant down and kissed my forehead. “I love you too mum.”

She was dressed in her normal work clothes. She always dressed nicely, she wore a pale pink long pencil skirt, a white shirt, and pink nude heels. Her long dark hair, much like my own, was pulled back into a ponytail. I can see why my dad was so in love with my mum, she was kind, gentle, thoughtful and most of all extremely beautiful. Aging seemed to like her.

“Well I hope you get better soon sweetie. Can you do me a favour?” I leant up on one elbow. “Sure.” She smiled at me. “Your father and I are going to be late home again. There is near enough no food here, so I’ve wrote a list of what we need. So if you can order it online or go shopping? I don’t mind. Pretty please! I’m so sorry sweetie.” I didn't mind. I will probably be on my laptop or could go shopping. “Sure. That’s fine.” She smiled again. “Just don’t spend it on rubbish! You need to cut down on sugar. Don’t stray too far from the list.”

I just laughed at her. One time I went shopping and everything was just junk food. “I will text you my pin number and my card is with the list downstairs on the kitchen side. There’s some notes as well in case you want to get a taxi if you go.” She told me she loved me, and I said it back. Finally she left. A couple of minutes later, I heard the front door slam and her car leave the driveway. Rolling back on to my front, my face was buried on into my pillow.

“I was wondering when she was going to leave.” Lifting my head I turned to see Carlisle shutting my wardrobe door. He must have been in there. Wait. How did I get here?

“Why are you here?” I tried to ask as nice as possibly. Rolling back onto my back, I shut my eyes. “I stayed all night if you don’t mind. I saw Frederick for a couple of hours, but been here. I like watching you sleep. You are so peaceful. After you fainted I brought you up here. I changed you, I left your underwear on and did not do anything I promise.” He was starting to adapt to the new language. I believed him. I would off known if he tried anything, I mean I am a virgin.

The thought of him seeing me in my underwear was slightly unsettling. I wasn’t too proud of my body so that thought made my heart pick up speed. “I, er, I believe you.” I sat up, and scooted back so I could lean on the head board. Running my hand through my hair, I tried to finger some of the knots out.

Carlisle sat by legs, he was still wearing what he was wearing yesterday. The only thing that was different was that his eyes had a red ring around the shocking green. That made me feel anxious. “Why are your eyes turning red?” He looked shocked by my question.