Chapter 17 - Daddy's little girl

“Why did this have to happen? Maybe if I stayed, I could of noticed it I’m so sorry.” Colby was clung to me, “Colb, it’s fine. No one noticed the signs. I didn't notice and it’s body. It’s an internal thing.” Then she started crying, oh god.

Pulling away, she wiped the tears and the running mascara away and tried to compose herself. “So is there anything good going on?” I smiled at her.

Colby was older than me by a couple of years. Our parents think the world of her ad thinks she’s Miss.Goody two shoes. Little did they know what when she went to university things changed. Her long term relationship ended and the ‘never ever drunk alcohol’ achievement cracked. Even though dad and I did, she still thought it was horrible. Until now of course.

You can see the resemblance between us both, through our hair and the brown eyes. She was much more beautiful than I was, and had the ‘supermodel bikini body’. It’s annoying being Colby’s little sister. Living behind her, always in her shadow. Now it looks like I am finally out of the shadow. Moving into the light. No pun intended. Not like you step into the light when you die or anything…

I smiled at my sister, “Well as you know about Carlisle, we are still together. He’s taken everything pretty hard, but I am reassuring him. He’s really great.” She smiled a loving smile. Three days ago Carlisle asked me to marry him. If I remember correctly; I laughed.

**Flashback**

Let’s just hope I don’t die before and it be too late…

“Elora, seeing as you will be mine forever…” He was playing with a strand of my hair. Where is he going with this? “Will you marry me?” He looked nervously at me, hope shone in his eyes. Is he being serious?

I am not even old enough to get married without parents’ consent. I am sixteen and have been with him for two months.

Meeting his large, bulging eyes with my own, a stream of giggles tried to escape. Clamping my hand over my mouth, I watched as Carlisle’s eyes lit with amusement. I couldn’t contain it anymore, my giggles became out bursts of laughter. Tears filled my eyes and my breathing was heavy.

I rolled around with my laughter, unable to control it. After a couple of minutes, my laughter began to calm back down, falling back into giggles. Shaking my head, I sighed. “Does my proposal amuse you Darling?” He stroked a stray tear from my left eye, before stroking my cheek lightly.

“I’m sorry but, it’s a bit too soon don’t you think?” He shook his head. “When I was born, when you turned sixteen they tried to marry you off as quickly as they could. You met someone, have a couple of dates, met the family and two weeks later you get married.”

“Yeah but this isn’t fourteen fifteen. It’s twenty thirteen. In two days it will be twenty fourteen. So let’s just act this year. Here you meet a guy, get in a relationship, go to parties have sex way too many times then break up due to cheating, or its nothing more than sex.” I shrugged.

“Well, we’ve gone to parties, or part-y. We are in a relationship, and if you want to have sex I would love to.” The last bit he purred. Oh god. I smacked my forehead with my hand. “That’s not the point I’m making. I knew two people who were together for ten years before getting engaged.” We were left in silence. I didn't know what to say.

“Okay, think about it this way. You want your parents to be happy when you are… gone. Your father will miss the opportunity to walk you up the aisle. Your mother will miss the opportunity to wear some ridiculous hate and boast about how amazing her daughter’s wedding will be. Your family will not be able to see your wedding, and Ali won’t be able to your maid of honour. I want you to experience as much as you can while you are human baby.” Why did he bring my family into this?