A: I'm not gonna tell you because IT'S CLEARLY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! You're not my dad Jaycee, you can't tell me who I can and cannot hang with! You don't have to get on your noble white stead and come save me every time i stumble and fall because I can take care of myself! I'm getting tired of being treated like a baby! Excuse me now, I don't want my idiotic or stupid demeanour to infect you so BYE!

I hung up the phone and put it next to me in annoyance.

Maybe that was a little bit too harsh but who interrupts someone's precious sleep to ask about...ANYTHING!?

What's with this dude lately? Suddenly overly overprotective and has to defend me at all times, has to drive me to school, make sure I was okay, apologize for not "keeping me safe". Something about what Sabrina told me earlier came to my mind but I pushed it far back not because I was hurt and already broken, but also because I wanted to catch up on that dream of mine. Damn I looked good in that black lace dress holding that prize.

But in Lexi land, there's no such luck.

He called me again. And again. And again. I hung up every single time! Just because you're my friend doesn't give you the right to interrogate me about things that aren't going to affect you in any way! I guess that he got sick of being hung up on, so he started messaging me.

This is gonna be a long night.

Jay(cee me rolling)👩🏽‍🚀:

•Lexa I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said.

•Lexa please answer me :(

•You're not stupid! I'm the stupid one for saying anything like that.

•Alexis PLEASE answer me

•You just mean so much to me and I don't want to see you hurt again, after what happened with Brad

•I'm really sorry for being a jerk just PLEASE answer me :/

•Please....

•Ok I deserve it :/ Good night xx I'll pick you up in the morning. Sorry💔

                        __________________

Pffft like hell you will. I replied with one venom laced message.

"I don't want anything from you! Leave. Me. Alone!! Don't even come close to me Jaycee. I heard stupid is infectious. Wouldn't want the captain of the basketball team passing the disease around just cuz he got it by being around his stupid, idiotic, naïve 'friend'."

I turned off my phone, and set my other alarm clock on and turned on my stomach to sleep.

It was quite.

Then it wasn't.

At first, I thought that it was my imagination playing idiotic tricks on me so I can stay awake, but the more I listened, the more prominent it became.

There were footsteps. I mean they were muffled by the carpet, but there nonetheless.

And whispering.

My heart began beating a mile a minute to the point where I thought that whoever was there would hear it.

My bed was facing my bedroom door, and since my room was open, I could see clearly up until my parents' room a little farther down the hall from mine.

And their room was open.

It was closed when I went to sleep.

Oh and something else.