Chapter 19: It's gone

Isla has been pregnant for almost two months now and everything was going great until she started getting very bad stomach pains. At night Isla would sometimes cry herself to sleep with the pain.

Emma felt bad for being harsh on her sister before. Since Emma gave up Henry just after she gave birth to him, she was excited to have a new baby around, her niece or nephew.

While Killian was at the docks, Isla was at home making food which she found was a waste of time since she had constantly been feeling sick. As she was making food, she got a bad, sharp pain in her stomach and she knew something wasn't right. She quickly and carefully ran to the bathroom and locked the door. Isla looked down and saw that she was bleeding. She burst into tears immediately, feeling so upset and scared. She had just had a miscarriage. Killian was so happy to become a father and Emma and the rest of the family were excited to welcome a new member.

After crying for 10 minutes, Isla wiped her tears and cleaned herself up then walked out of the bathroom. She went into her and Killian's bedroom to get some clean clothes. She put them on and sighed, thinking how she was going to tell Killian.

Isla then texted Emma asking where she was. Emma replied, saying she was in Regina's office helping to tidy the place up. Isla said she'd be there in a few minutes. She was way too scared to tell Killian that she lost their baby, so she decided to tell the second person she trusts the most..her sister Emma. Isla walked out of her house and went to Regina's office to see her sister.

As Isla walked in, Emma saw her and ran over to her, giving her a big hug. She winced a little at the pain and Emma quickly apologised, giggling a bit afterwards. Emma seemed a little excited to see her sister which was surprising.

"Before I came here, I went shopping and I bought you these" Emma said to Isla, holding a bag then taking out a pair of blue pyjamas and also a pair of pink ones. Emma smiled "I'm just so excited, when I saw these I couldn't help myself, I had to get them!". Isla felt a tear rolling down her face, trying not to look at what Emma had bought.

Emma noticed that her sister seemed upset, she put the two pairs of pyjamas back into the bag and looked at Isla asking "What's wrong?..don't you like them?". Isla shook her head, replying "It's gone...the baby's gone, I've lost it" and with that she burst into tears again.  After hearing what her twin said, Emma's heart broke. She was speechless, a tear fell down her cheek. She didn't know what to say. Emma hugged her sister, not too tight and hard this time. She couldn't believe this was happening.