Isabella slowly let go of Scott's hand and backed away from Lydia's body. Both Stiles and Scott's heads followed her as she stepped away and they gave her quizzical looks.

" Izzy, what's wrong?" Scott asked her still with a questioning look.

Isabella shook her head furiously and pointed at Lydia's body on the bed with tears in her eyes, "That's my fault! She wouldn't be here if I was stronger, if I could fight, if I wasn't just a weak little girl." She said looking down as she said the last phrase.

She heard Scott's steps approach her, but before he could she shook her head,"I have to go. I can't be here right now."

Isabella started walking away from Scott and to the door, but before she could leave Scott grabbed her arm, " It's not your fault, but if you need to leave it's okay. I love you."

Isabella forced a small smile and nodded her head, even though she didn't agree with him. This was still her fault no matter how many times he said it wasn't.

*****

Isabella walked up the steps of her house after running out of the hospital as fast as she could. She didn't even get a ride, she legit ran all the way there. Isabella guessed hearing, smelling, and running were the only things she could do as a werewolf. She felt that she was pathetic.

Isabella had her head hung low and she couldn't shake the feeling of being useless. She was a werewolf for crying out loud and she was weak. She cried all the time and she couldn't protect anyone because she always lost fights, she couldn't even protect herself.

Isabella opened the door and walked into the house closing it behind her. She put both of her hands on the door and rested her head on it as she sighed heavily.

" What are you thinking about?" Derek said out of nowhere.

Isabella didn't even see him when she walked in, but it was okay because she didn't even flinch when she heard his voice, that's how sad she was. She hated this, she hated being the weak one. She had been a werewolf longer than Scott and he was still better than her. Why couldn't she be that way?

Isabella looked over at her father and forced a smile, "Hey Dad. Haven't seen you in awhile...what's new? Besides the fact that your an Alpha now?" She said turning to him and crossing her arms over her chest, giving him their classic smirk.

Derek walked over to her with a sigh and a shake of his head," I asked you a question first...and don't give me that " I'm fine" shit you say all the time. I obviously know you're not, you smell like guilt, self pity, and sadness. Spill." Derek said stopping in front of his daughter and putting on the same smirk she had. He folded his arms, mirroring her.

Isabella was trying to keep it cool and not give away her sadness more than she already did, but she looked into his eyes and that's when she broke for the second time that day, Perfect example of her weakness.

Her eyes became glossy and she gave him a smile before completely breaking,"Fine,I'm not okay! Is that what you want to hear? It's not okay that I got claws plunged into my chest and I almost died. It's not okay that my best friend probably hates me because I'm a werewolf. It's not okay that I didn't stop Peter from harming Lydia and now she is cursed for life, no matter what happens. It's not okay that I cry all the damn time and can't stop from freaking out like a 5 year old in every tense situation. And it's certainly not okay that I'm so weak and can't protect anyone, including myself! " Isabella screams with tears falling down her face.

Isabella put her back against the wall and slowly slide down it, collapsing on the floor while crying into her knees as she pulled them close to her. She felt something drop down next to her and she knew it was her dad. She heard him sigh and put his hand on her shoulder. She didn't even flinch or look at him, she just sat there curled up by herself. She couldn't do it anymore.

Isabella felt him move his hand from her shoulder and for a second she thought he was done trying to help her, but she was wrong. Not even a minute later, she felt his arms wrap around her whole body and pull her into him. He kept one arm wrapped around her while he stroked her hair with the other.

Derek ran his hands through her hair soothingly before saying, " Bella...listen, Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage.. not weakness. "

Isabella picked her head up from his chest and said with tears flowing down her face," Courage?" Isabella laughed sarcastically," I don't have any of that. I'm not strong enough mentally or physically to have that."

Isabella looked down to the ground and started tracing things in the dusty floor. She didn't believe in herself anymore. The only thing she could do right was draw in the dust. She guessed that was her new profession.

She felt two fingers touch her chin and lift it, causing her finger to stop mid drawing as she looked up at Derek, " It'll come. I promise. I've seen you be strong before. What about that time you took Scott out to separate us? You had no problem doing that."

Isabella shook her head and closed her eyes before opening them sadly, " That just happened. I don't know how I did it."

"I do." Derek said sternly looking at her. She gave him a confused look, but as she was going to speak, he put his finger up to her lips and shushed her, "Like I said, I do. It happened because...you're stronger than you think. You didn't think about it. Thinking about it is what's holding you back. You need to let go, that's how you'll get stronger."

" But how am I supposed to do that? I don't know how to not think about it." Isabella said sadly.

Isabella watched as Derek's face broke out into a smirk and he let go of her abruptly and stood up. He dusted off his clothes and then stuck a hand out to her before saying, " Let me teach you then."

Isabella looked up to him and her lips were no longer formed in a frown, but now a smile. She grabbed his hand and pulled herself up. She smiled at him and he returned it.

She was no longer gonna be the weak girl, She was gonna be the new and improved Isabella Hale. The badass werewolf who didn't think about anything and kicked ass. She was determined to be that and by god she was going to be that, if it was the last thing she did. Watch out Beacon Hills, Isabella Hale was coming. This was her home and she was gonna learn how to protect it.

Authors Note: Unfortunately this is the last chapter of this book but I will be uploading the second one for season two called: Safe Haven. It will pick up right where I left off here. I really can't wait for this season, I have a huge surprise for this book and I can't wait! I hope you all enjoyed this one. Love you all!