forty.

SONG-WEAR N TEAR; BOBBY RAPS

"Can't hide from these thoughts, they follow everywhere I go."

I'm introducing yet another minor character, and thank you all for your support.

Mia Vernon as @/trapjes

-

The day of our get together had come. Alicia and I were in the bathroom of the house we decided to throw the get together in, and calling whatever this was a get together wasn't correct being that it was everything but.

I mean, I was literally grounded for three weeks and my best friend got fucking pregnant. What are the odds?

Most likely not in her favor as we waited for her pee stick to dry on a Monday night in a house that wasn't hers and in a bathroom that was three times the size as mine. I offered to wait outside but the space was big enough to substitute for two rooms so when she was ready, she could turn the corner and inform me if it was positive or not. I think she already knew in her head, but the test would just be further confirmation.

"What am I going to tell Mercutio?" She whined out as I stepped in and out of the closet.

"Do you want to keep it?" I didn't mean for the question to roll of my tongue so harshly, but it had to be asked. It was a matter of it being answered. There was silence. "How many more seconds?"

"Ten."

I could hear her silently counting down, a little too fast to actually be correct. My heart beat against my rib cage and my hand traveled down to run over the tense skin, fingers clasping around my gold chain. "Alicia?" I called out in a small whisper when she suddenly stopped counting. There was a stale feeling in the air, and the boys downstairs couldn't drown it out. They sung the theme song of The Perspiring Dead and opened bags of chips for the guests while Alicia's breath hitched in her throat. I stepped out of the closet and rushed around the corner to greet her reflection, staring down at a pregnancy test that-- by the looks of her face-- read positive.

"W-what," she tried to choke out and for once, I was genuinely scared for her. "What am I gonna tell Mercutio?"

-

More people had showed up than we all hoped. The snacks were gone by the second hour and everyone was sharing all the weed we put money up for, leaving my friends and I with little to no puffs. You'd think we'd be able to take our party back with force, but most of the guests were intimidating upperclassmen who were exceptionally sketchy. It didn't help that all four of us were dressed in childish Halloween costumes; we couldn't be intimidating even if we tried.

The house reeked of weed and drunk teenagers. I sat on the counter with Danny by my side, the toilet paper from my makeshift mummy costume falling everywhere and revealing skin that didn't need to be; too many guys eyed me with both disgust and interest. It was like they wanted to make fun of me but fuck me at the same time. I dismissed them with my head held in Danny's direction as he sipped from a cliche red cup filled with a poor concoction of sprite and red wine. Alicia didn't think many people would come and she certainly wasn't the best at mixing drinks.