thirty-six.

SONG- ULTRALIGHT BEAM; COVERED BY HARRY STYLES

-

"You left the fucking door unlocked, Harry." Was the first thing I heard the morning after the concert, my ears ringing still and the headache I had took a turn for the worst when the sun peeked from the blinds. "I wake up this morning for a cup of tea and bring out my keys to check the mail and the door's already open,"

Harry groaned by my side as I slowly came to a realization, pushing my head underneath the covers in hopes of drowning out the noise. "It's a safe neighborhood," he groaned and made his way onto his stomach, taking some of what I just covered my head with. "No one's gonna come and rob us."

"You know, this one serial killer said he only killed those who left their doors open cause they deserved to get killed or some crazy shit like that. We could very well be one of those stupid fucking--who's this." I would've thought the statement came from my own mouth but it didn't.

His mom was in his room, and I was half awake in his bed, still an inebriated sack of meat due to how late in the night I continued to drink.

"Aida, mom. Mom Aida." He muffled into the pillow and I peeked my head out of the covers, squinting up at a blurry figure of a woman holding a cup of tea. Even in the state I had been in, I realized that this was not the correct way to meet Mrs. Styles. "What time is it?"

"Quarter past noon." She hummed and waved. I waved back, somehow aware and unaware of the situation.

"We didn't have sex, if that's what you're thinking." I myself would've believed we did because I didn't have any recollection of what happened the night before. His mother looked like she nodded in approval as I continued to squint, blinking to adjust to the light.

"Hm." She hummed once more, tapping her nails against the side of her mug. "Lock the door the next time or we're going to have a problem."

And with that, she was out of the room as quick as she got there, the trail of her mint scented tea following. My hand flew up into the air and fell to hit Harry's back, alerting him that that just happened. "I just met your mom." I choked out and tried to collect saliva in my mouth to moisten my throat. I tasted a horrible taste and grimaced, turning the other way and pressing my face into Harry's pillow that smelled like the coconut oil I used on my hair.

"She's not big on fancy dinners anyway so the way you met her wasn't going to be elaborate."

"I didn't want to meet her like this-"

"She won't judge you."

I stayed silent and he did too before getting up and sitting on the edge of his bed. Harry made a few noises of discontent and walked across the room and into his bathroom, slamming the door behind him while I stayed in my position and caught up on sleep. My body was exhausted and somehow sore from the previous night, not to mention the ringing in my ears didn't help with the migraine soon to come. Along with everyone after a night of binge drinking, I informed myself I would never let a drop of alcohol in my body ever again.