seventeen.

SONG-WEATHERMAN ;BONES

"Every night I'm dying slow. Eyes never closed cause you never never know."

-

"No... by Danny I mean my comforter as I watch The Notebook for the 10th time. There's a difference." I lied. I've never even watched the notebook in my life and I'm sure if I did, I wouldn't clutch my comforter and cry like a cliche depressed sack of shit. I've never cried watching a movie because whenever I find myself tearing up, I remind myself in that same millisecond that the movie is not real and my feelings are irrational. "How could we have a cuddling appointment? You fucked a girl not even twenty minutes ago."

"And that seems to bother you because..?"

"It doesn't bother me," I began and looked over to him, grimacing at the tiny smirk he played on his lips. "We're not together. I shouldn't care."

"You're right. You shouldn't." He smelled like sex and her coconut oil, a weirdly awful combination even though I used coconut oil to do my hair very often.

"I'm just a big fan of respecting people. I'm not gonna get involved in something that I shouldn't get involved with."

"You are one contradictory individual, Aida Sickler. It's just cuddling."

"You're contradictory as well, Harold. At the mention of it, you scurried away like a scared little boy."

He stayed silent because he knew I was right. "Melissa and I don't have anything special."

"Don't care."

He scoffed and I turned the corner to make my way into the girl's bathroom. I only asked to go because I needed to get away from the guy waiting for me outside of the door, who decided it was best to just move his way back into my life again. I wasn't complaining, his company was great but the looming cloud above his curls didn't seem as welcoming as the smile spread across his face. He was fucking mesmerizing, absolutely beautiful and I didn't care if anyone said otherwise. I knew it would never happen and I kept repeating to myself that if I was only playful with him and didn't try to pursue anything, everything would be fine.

Boy was I wrong.

"What are you doing after school?"

"Walking home." I answered bluntly as we both walked back the way we came, my cold-water-splash-in-the-face strategy working quite well. Harry had an earphone plugged into his right ear as I talked into his left. Splashing myself with the cold water brought me back into reality. I often confused hopeful Aida with a flushed face and the usual cold hearted Aida who walked the halls by her lonesome with a cold face. The two were similar in virtually no aspects, both very different in personality and looks. Then there was the one in between, who I was most of the time. "If you're offering me a ride now, I'll politely decline."

"And why is that?"

Harry had on a cold face most of the time. The first time I saw him smile was when he looked at my drawings the first night we actually talked to each other. The things I knew that made him happy were weed and the feeling that came with smoking it. That was it.

"I like walking home. It helps me clear my mind." It did. I stopped taking the bus when I got my schedule changed.

"In the freezing cold though?" Harry tried his best to understand but there wasn't an actual reason. I couldn't possibly clear my mind in the long amount of time it took me to walk out of the front doors of Wardenton High and into the doors of my home. I used to clear it a lot when I was a child, but I still haven't gotten the hang of it throughout the years. He was right, though. The weather began to grow a little colder seeing as it was nearing the middle of September and the beginning of Fall. I already had my Halloween costume planned out in my head and I couldn't wait until October so I could dress up into the best cat I knew I could be. Alicia and I planned to walk around her neighborhood like we always did, this time with two new additions. Danny and Mercutio. Halloween was far though, and so was last period. I still had time to decide whether I'd ride with Harry or not.