thirty-one.

SONG-WHO LET YOU GO; THE KILLERS

"I feel it inside, down in my soul. But I just can't hide these things, I know."

-

-

AIDA'S POV

"Did you know they were related?" I asked him after Alicia stepped out of the car and met up with Danny who dragged himself out of the house even though he was having a rough day. I didn't feel like how I felt after leaving the house... I felt dumb. I could've connected the dots myself but it didn't held that they both had different last names. "You didn't want to tell me?"

"It wasn't like I didn't want to," he started off and looked around the parking lot for a place to park. "It just never came up in conversation and I didn't think it would be a big deal."

"If it wasn't a big deal you would've told me,"

"Well I didn't, so there's that." Harry stopped his car and stepped out, locking it right after I opened the passenger's side. He began to walk to the front of the school and I followed sloppily after, my heels clacking against the gravel.

"Did you not tell me cause you have something to hide?"

"What would I have to hide, Aida!" He called out but didn't look back at me and I sped up to match his long strides so I could look him in the eyes. He was too fast and I wondered why we had to take this outside where parents were parking their kids and where people I knew could hear.

"You're being loud." I whispered to him and grew frustrated when he didn't respond. He stopped in front of a car and looked to his right, Mercutio stepping out and waving goodbye to his sister.

She connected eyes with Harry and then me, the beautiful girl pushing her eyebrows together in confusion. Mercutio saw the both of us and debated if he should just walk in or walk with us. "British boy!" He greeted and his sister pulled off after I stepped out of her way and next to a heated Harry.

"I know." Was all I said and Mercutio's fake smile dissipated.

Harry stormed inside of the school and I pulled Mercutio to the side, needing answers. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me." I gripped onto his clip on tie and and noticed its inability to stay stable, focusing my stress elsewhere and grabbing the sides of his cheeks so he wouldn't divert his attention away from me.

"You seemed so happy with him and I felt like I would be intruding in some type of way,"

"Intruding? Mercutio I would've found out eventually. Do you know how stupid I feel?" I let him go.

"Not my fault you're incapable of connecting the dots," he held his hands up in surrender when I flinched towards his direction.

"There must be another reason why you two thought it was okay to just leave me to figure it out on my own."