45.let it all out

Chapter Forty Five: "Let it all out"

"Where is he?" I asked, out of breath after running all the way to the local London hospital with Nathan.

"Who ma'am?" The lady at the front desk asked me, looking at me in confusion.

"Noah!" I cried, tears coming out for the first time tonight. I had been trying to hold it in.

"Which room is this Noah in ma'am?" The lady asks, glancing at her computer.

"I don't know! His name is Noah James!" I shouted at her, hyperventilating.

"You need to either be family of his or an emergency contact to get into his room within the first forty eight hours here ma'am." The desk lady tells us calmly.

I want to break her neck.

"Do you not understand what I'm trying to tell you?!" I scream at her, "My best friend! My friend who has NO family in London and literally NO emergency contacts in his phone! He could be dead before those forty eight hours are even up!"

"Ma'am I'm going to need you to calm down before I call security." The lady lets out a frustrated sigh. "If you'd like to wait here in the lobby for the next forty eight hours that'd be allowed but your friends condition is too critical to allow people who aren't on either of the lists to visit him in his current state."

"I can't believe this." I mumble as Nathan walks me over to a chair in the lobby and helps me sit down, proceeding to sit beside me.

"Sh, Ashely, its okay." Nathan whispers, rubbing my back gently as I continue to sob.

"First Oliver and now Noah?!" More tears stream down my face.

"Ashely. We won't lose Noah. It's going to be okay." Nathan reassures me, trying his best to stay strong but I can tell he's very worried. All of a sudden the lobby doors bust open and Penelope runs in, soaked in rain. She darts over towards us and begins to ball her eyes out.

"Thank god you guys got my text." She whimpered, trying to calm her breathing. "When I called Noah to ask where my shoes were, a woman answered and told me that she found Noah overdosed in the alley next to her shop. She said I called right when she found him so she decided to answer his phone and inform whoever was calling of the situation."

"This is such a tragic event." Nathan mumbles, shoving his face in his hands. "I can't believe he'd do such a reckless thing."

"The doctors won't let us in." I tell Penelope.

"I know. I was here last night." Penelope frowns, "Can you call me when they let you guys in? I really have to go." She rushes out, leaving without a response.

"Nathan." I begin to sob again, my head now rested on his shoulder."Why would he do this to us?"

"I know this isn't an excuse but he's going through a very difficult time." Nathan sighs, wrapping his arm around my neck. "I'm mad at him too. It's okay."

"It's not!" I cry, looking Nathan in the eyes. "He might die."

"He won't, Noah is a strong boy. He just took much and his body couldn't handle it. He's just in a small coma." Nathan tells me, stroking my cheek.

"He is going to die!!!!" I scream at Nathan releasing myself from his grip. "How are you not worried?"

"I am." Nathan scoffs, looking offended I'd even make such a statement. "I'm just trying to stay strong."

"I get that but you don't have to stay strong Nathan." I let out a sigh. "Release all of your emotions. You need to let them out."

"W-what?" He stutters. I grab his arm and bring him outside into the rain.

"Let all of your bottled up feelings out Nathan. Nobody will be able to tell since it's raining." I give him a sad smile, rubbing his shoulder.

"Okay?" Nathan replies, closing his eyes. I don't know what he saw when he closed those damn eyes of his but it made him extremely emotional for sure cause next thing I know I'm being engulfed in a hug. I pat Nathan on the back as he begins to sob silently. "Why would Noah do this." Nathan chokes out. "Oliver didn't die for him to become a brain dead druggie slumped over on the streets."

"It's okay Nathan." I frown, pulling him closer to my chest as he cried even harder than I've ever seen somebody cry before. He must of had a ton of emotions bottled up in that beautiful brain of his. I was so fragile and Nathan was always there for me in my times of need. It felt good to repay him.

"I-I'm so sorry if I've ever done anything to hurt you." Nathan whimpers. "I love you." He whispered, making me freeze in place.

"W-what?" Is the only word I can produce through my state of shock.

"You told me to let all my feelings out." He replies, sniffling a little.

"Oh." Is all I can say. "I love you too." I smile as he looks up at me. And as if just on cue, a nurse comes out of the hospital lobby and approaches Nathan and I. She clears her throat,

"Your friend is awake." She informs us. "He has requested to see you guys."

"Oh my god!" I grin, letting go of Nathan and jumping up in glee. "He made it!" I look at Nathan who is just wearing a tight smile.

-

"Noah?" I enter his room for the first time, Nathan following closely behind me. "Can we come in?"

"Yes." Noah rasps out, looking at us. His body looks extremely frail, an IV hooked to his arm and giant bags under his eyes. We walk over to him.

"Why?" The words just slip out of my mouth on instinct. I begin to cry for the five hundredth time today. "Why'd you do it Noah?"

"I'm sorry." Noah croaks out. I continue to cry beside Noah's hospital bed while Nathan just stares at Noah with sad eyes. "I don't know why I did it!"

"Noah?" Nathan speaks from across behind me, causing us both to look at him.

"Yeah Nathan?" Noah replies, looking scared for what Nathan is about to say to him.

"I think it's time we go home." Nathan sighs.

"Home as in home-home?"

A/n: the last chap was short because I knew I was going to update twice in the night. I wouldn't leave you guys on that bit of a cliff hanger forever Haha. Love you guys. Sorry for all the mixed feelings.