9. Calls Home & Lacrosse Games

Chapter Nine: "Calls Home & Lacrosse Games"

I never expected my first time skipping class to be with Oliver Allen. But neither did I expect I'd be skipping a class in general. After all, I'm a straight A student, target for bullies of course but this will all be over when college starts. I mean, that's far away but lets cut straight to the chase.

"I think Mrs. Sanders is coming, quick duck!" Oliver whisper shouted as we turned the corner, our feet making noises as we moved in quick swift motions. Mrs. Sanders wasn't anywhere in sight though so we were fine. 

"I think we're hallucinating." I told him, shaking my head in attempt to stop hearing and seeing things. 

"We're not, if we both heard her then-" Oliver began but was cut off when we looked up to be an angry Mrs. Sanders staring down at us. 

"We are so dead." We said in unison.

-

"I can't believe you two." Principal Jefferson said, shaking his head in disappointment. "I mean yeah, I am not surprised to see Oliver Allen in my office once again but Ashely Jensen?!" He said in disbelief. 

"I'm sorry sir." I apologized, trying not to burst out into tears. Don't call me a sissy for wanting to cry! It's my first time being yelled at by a teacher or getting in trouble at school by any teacher besides Coach Harolds.

"It's fine, I still have to call your mother though." He stated causing me to jump out of my seat on the spot.

"Please no, I'll do anything." I pleaded, immediate guilt showing in my eyes.

"I'm sorry but It's mandatory. You were caught ditching a class Ms. Jensen." He says and I sigh, accepting the fact I'm going to be in big trouble when I get home.

Not boarding school type trouble but as close as it gets. 

I sit back down in my seat and look to my left to see Oliver sitting there awkwardly as he tries his best to get comfortable in the bumpy chairs. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered to me, I just returned his apology with a sad smile. 

At least we were ditching for a good solid reason.

But that isn't my story to tell. It's Olivers.

***

"I cannot believe you!" My father growled through the phone causing me to let out a shaky breath. I am so dead when I get home. Lucky I was safe right now cause I was at Sam and Cameron's house.

"Yeah dad, I'm very sorry but I can't exactly talk right now...." I told him and with that I hung up. I had no time to worry about how pissed of he'll be tonight so I'll just decide to go with the flow and live in the moment. 

"So Ashely, you coming to the game tonight?" Noah asked me popping his out from the kitchen. Sam and Cameron's house had became a daily thing for me after school and mostly on the weekends and Noah was usually there too so it had become like a small family to me. I mostly stayed here cause I didn't want to go home and face my dad, plus Noah is really entertaining in a way. 

"What game?" Me and Sam asked in unison.

"The Lacrosse game, it's at 6 soooooo-" Noah said, glancing down at his watch, "-It's right about now."

"Then what are we waiting for, lets go!" Cameron hyped and with that we drove back to Waterboro High.

-

"LETS FUCKING GO! WATERBORO MOTHER FLIPPIN WOLFS!" Noah screamed as the game began. Oliver was playing as a midfielder. I noticed some familiar faces from Waterboro's team but not many. Oliver was the more sporty type out of  thebad baaaad and badder squad. I mean Noah was extremely competitive so he was on the basketball team but Oliver was the only Lacrosse player out of the three.

"They better take the W or I'm going to flip my shit." Cameron groaned as someone from Radcliffe High hit a goal. Radcliffe high is the enemy team of Waterboro. No matter what sport it is they always have a game against each other no matter what and its always the closest calls. 

"FUCKCKKK YEAHHHHH!" Sam howled as Oliver did a perfect Body Check on the opposing ball carrier.

"LET'S GO WHS!" People cheered in the crowd. The hype was too real tonight. I had to get out of here somehow or my ears were going to bleed from all the shouting. 

Aha!! The bathroom excuse...

"Um guys, I have to use the bathroom." I said quietly causing Noah to look down at me. 

"No you're not." He told me, making me raise an eyebrow.

"W-why not?" I stuttered as he got closer to me till his mouth met my right ear,

"Cause Chris is here." Noah whispered, sending a shiver down my spine. Of course he's here. Noah slowly pulled away and went back to hyping up our team.

I couldn't shake the thought of Chris being here though. Where was he anyway? 

-

After the game that we lost. I know, shocker. Noah walked me to the rest room since I actually had to go for real this time. So now I was currently inside the school which is completely empty taking a piss. After I finished that I washed my hands then exited the restroom. Except sometime caught me by surprise,

Noah was no where to be found. 

"Fuck." I managed to mutter under my breath as I turned down the hall, trying to navigate my way through the dark with my phone flash light. As I was about to turn the corner two strong hands wrapped around my waist from behind and I let out a gasp. 

Was it Chris?

Was it a prank?

What was happening?

"Don't move." A voice said in a tone too low for me to recognize it.

"What why?" I asked, looking down to see the sleeves on the arms that were wrapped around me only to see the familiar varsity jacket. 

Noah

"I think someone else is in the school." He whispered turning me to face him. Yep, it was Noah for sure. The same cute, funny, always happy Noah. But something was wrong with him. He had a faint hint of fear in his eyes and thats what scared me the most. 

"But we're not even supposed to be in here ourselves. Why would someone else want to trespass?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows as he took my phone from me in a swift motion and turned off the light. We sort of had snuck into the school to use the bathrooms cause we knew they never locked them and the port-o-potties were too smelly and I didn't want Chris and his gang of goons to knock it over while I was using it. 

"Exactly." Noah mumbled, looking down at his feet only to notice his hands were still wrapped around my waist. He awkwardly pulled away. "Sorry." He muttered.

I nodded. "Um, its fine." 

"So... this 'someone', are they dangerous?" I asked in curiosity and even in the dark I could see Noah's face pale. 

"Well to put things short their after me for reasons I'll explain much later." He rushed out, trying to pull me down the hall to exit the school while grabbing my wrist but I refused and stayed put. "What?" He snapped his head towards me.

"I'm not leaving till you tell me." I stubbornly said.  I watched as Noah's eyes darkened and his jaw clenched.

"I said, I'll explain later but we need to go right now."

A/N: Shits going down folks ahahha. I wonder if we'll get to know why Oliver made Ashely skip class with him? Also do I sense a storm brewing hehehe cause I can tell Noah is about to tell her some serious shit.