4.Old Friends & Family Meals

Song: Blow Your Mind

Artist: Dua Lipa

Chapter Four: Old Friends & Family Meals

I never expected to be seeing Cameron James after my last encounter with him but it wasn't odd to have him randomly pop up out of nowhere after disappearing for weeks. 

"I thought you were dead!" I hissed at him as he smirked at me. 

"Well I just turned twenty one so I decided to take a small vacation." He chuckled, taking a sip of what I presumed to be beer.

"Ashely, weren't you listening in the car when I told you that Cameron is the one who told me about the party?" Sam exhaled. I face palmed myself mentally. Of course I should try to listen more when people are talking.

"Why are you here anyway?" I ask Cameron, ignoring Sam's question. I just watch Cameron as he lounges on the torn brown couch. 

"I'm your big bro bro's new roomie." He grinned, standing up and swinging his arm around Sam's shoulder as I watched Sam roll his eyes. I proceeded to repeat Sam's action. 

"You're a bad influence on him." I scoffed, remembering all the things Cameron had done his Senior year while I was a Freshman. He was now twenty one, a sophomore at college as I was a eighteen year old Senior and holding up better than him in life.

"Ashely don't worry, I'm not easily influenced." Sam commented, causing me to feel a bit less angry but still mad. For some reason I wanted to hate Cameron. I wanted a valid reason to hate him for the things he did in his past but I just couldn't. 

"You let Noah call me all those names and bully me." I shouted at Cameron, letting out a dry laugh. "You acted as if you were my friend but never once stood up for me. Friends don't watch their other friends get hurt and don't try to help." After I said that they fell silent. I watch their faces that were void of emotion.

"Yes I screwed up but what if I told you I don't give a shit?" Cameron whispered, chuckling a bit. I saw Sam's jaw clench.

"Guy's can you both move on from whatever past you guy's had." Sam sighs, I watch as Cameron shrugs, sitting back down on the sofa. I let out a big long sigh too.

"Ok whatever." I mumble.

Doesn't change the fact I hate him though.

***

I slam my locker shut and turn around only to be face to face with my nightmare, 

Chris Halls

Deja vu much? I feel like every time I turn around It just happens to be his face all up in my business. I just watch as he stares at me with hate in his eyes,

"Are you gonna say something orrrrr?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. What the fuck is this kid doing?

"Shut up." He says rolling his eyes followed by something I'd never thought I'd live to see the day of,

a smile....

Not just a smile from anyone, a smile from Chris Halls. Is this dude okay? 

"Are you smiling at me Halls?" I question, chuckling a little. 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He groans, rolling his eyes. 

"Okay!" I chirp, taking out my phone as he looks amused at me. I swear this is so rare, usually he's throwing my notes out of my hands. 

"Wait what?" He asks realizing I was actually about to take a photo of him. "Oh my god.." He groans, running a hand through his hair.

"Sorry, it's a rare occurrence to see you in a good mood

"Sorry, it's a rare occurrence to see you in a good mood." I say as Noah approaches. 

"Whats up nerdles?" Noah greets, smirking as he throws his backpack over his right well structured shoulder.

"Me?!" Chris asks in shock. Noah grins and swings his arm around Chris. "Get the fuck off me dude, I don't even know you!" Chris demands, his face scrunched up in disgust. Noah rolls his eyes and makes a pouty face as he retrieves his arm.

"I've never been rejected by a nerd before." He whines, stomping his feet jokingly. It was my turn to roll my eyes cause I bet thats a lie. 

"Dude I'm not even a nerd stop calling me that!" Chris mumbles, clearly pissed off for no reason. Even I could tell Noah was joking. 

"That's the price you pay when you hang around Fatshely." Noah chuckles, glancing at me to smirk.

"Would you not call me that." I sigh, glaring at Noah. I watch as Chris is now laughing but not with me, he's laughing at me. There's a difference. 

"What do you want me to call you, Baby Face?" Noah winks causing me to scoff at the cringe worthy nick name. 

"That is not cute!" I yell, still glaring at him. I look over to Chris as he shrugs. His face so hard to read though since it's almost always expressionless. 

Our small argument comes to a short end as Nathan approaches us,

"Nerd fest is over sorry, coach is looking for you Noah." He says ever so casually. The word nerd causing me to roll my eyes.

"Ight." Noah says as he and Nathan turn the corner together, disappearing from Chris and I's eye sight. 

"See, this is why I don't hang out with you." Chris growls under his breath. His voice stays raspy as he speaks in a low angered tone. 

"Chill, why do you have to be so pissy about everything?" I question, raising an eyebrow. I watch as his blank expression turns into a angered one. 

"It doesn't matter, just be lucky you have all your limbs Jensen." He says, and with that he walks away leaving me in peace, thankfully.

***

"How was school?" My mother asks me as she drives into the city. I shrug as a response,

"Why are we going to Sam's house?" I ask her, biting my lip impatiently. 

"We're having dinner with him and his new roommate's family." She says excitedly. My eyes widen, remembering that my brothers roommate is Cameron Freaking James! Noah James brother. 

"So like, wheres dad?" I question as she pulls over and parks in front of Sam's apartment, getting out of the car. I do the same.

"He's not coming." She informs me, causing me to let a breath of relief. At least that's one less person I have to worry about dealing with.

"Then who's coming?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowing. I watch as my mother mother opens her mouth to speak but then a voice interupts,

 "Me Baby Face."

A/N: AHHHHHH THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY SHORTER THAN I EXPECTED BUT I WILL BE WORKING ON LONG CHAPTERS SO DONT GET MAD MY BABES. BUT DAMN I AM SO CONFLICTED. I can't tell if I like Noah or Nathan more? Also what is up with Noah's older brother Cameron and Ashely?Only one way to find out.