12. "Yeah."

Chapter Twelve: "Yeah."

Ever been in a situation you never thought you'd have to prepare for but wish that you did?

Yeah that's how I felt right now.

I was being interrogated by the pesky officer from school along with Oliver, Nathan, Noah, and a guy we met on Craigslist.

I should be eating dinner right now but no!

"So you're saying, these kids did nothing wrong?" The mentally ill snake lover scowled. Me and Noah couldn't help but smirk to ourselves at this. The cop was actually siding with us.

"I am saying that your snake wasn't harmed and not to mention you left it under their supervision willingly and they actually payed you." The officer sighed, pulling out a pile of paper work and he muttered words under his breath. Something about he hates working late nights when he should be at home with his wife.

I'm surprised he even has a wife.

"Um sir, we've been here over an hour... When can we go home?" Noah whined, slouching in his seat.

I sat with Noah to my left and Oliver to my right. Oliver was next to Nathan and poor Nathan was forced to also be next to the man and his snake. 

Every minute or so Nathan would should the man glares.

"Please Noah, call me Officer Lynch."

"Okay si- officer Lynch." Noah said giving Mr. Lynch or Officer Lynch an apologetic smile. 

"That's better boy." Officer Lynch replied, cracking a smile. 

Wow, he has emotions?

"Now," Officer Lynch began as we all stared at him with wide eyes, everyone except Nathan. "There have been reported gang violence and just violence in general in that area of the city so well, what I'm trying to say is..." He cleared his throat while he looked down at his lap. "Just stay safe guys." 

And with that we were all free to go.

***

"Why haven't you been over in the past week?" Cameron frowned as I plopped myself down onto the sofa.

"I've been avoiding your brother." I shrugged, picking up the tv remote. 

"Oh, well he hasn't been over either so I guess he's been doing the same." Cameron responded causing me to scoff.

"Figures." I said bluntly. "I know he's hiding something from me, I just don't know what it is yet."

"Oh well, your brother isn't home at the moment... You sure you want to stay here?" Cameron asked as he sat down next to me on the couch. 

"It's not like I have anything better to do." I sighed, crunching into a delicious, tasty, juicy Taki.

"It doesn't seem like you're very excited to see me." Cameron smirked his eyes meeting mine as I stopped chewing my Taki. 

"I never am." 

"Why not?"

"Don't play stupid Cameron."

"I thought we were friends again."

"We are." I sighed once again. "I just don't trust you."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Ok."

"Yeah."

"I get it."