14. Only One Way To Know

Chapter Fourteen: "Only One Way To Know"

"I thought I told you to open it when you got home." Noah whined, a genuine frown on his face. It was so weird seeing Noah not as he usual happy self. It just was sort of depressing. 

"I got home late." I mumbled, not bothering to tell them that I never actually went home last night. I had actually just slept in Sam's bedroom. Luckily for me when I woke up for school in the morning Cameron was gone. 

 "Oh." Is all Noah said back.

"Yeah." I sighed. "Why can't I open it now?" 

"I mean, you could do that but its sort of embarrassing." Noah muttered, glancing at the boys as they snickered. 

"Nothing can embarrass Noah James." I chuckled with half a smile.

"Oh Jensen, we know a few things that can, trust me." Nathan smirked as Noah glared at him while Oliver laughed a little. 

"Well go ahead, open it." Oliver gestured to the envelope I had pulled out of my backpack. 

I slowly opened it, well actually it was more of a rip it open but same thing. It was a note. Wow great, I love reading things that look like they were written by a four year old. Note the sarcasm. I began to read the words.

Dear Ashely,

You may have heard that something is coming since it's almost the end of September. I can't believe it's been that long already. If you haven't heard what's coming up I'll spell it out for you. H-O-M-E C-O-M-I-N-G. At least I think that's how you spell it but don't take my word on it. Ashely don't take this the wrong way and don't have a heart attack cause I'm not asking you out on a romantic date just think of it as hanging out together. So now that I've explained that.... Will you go to home coming with me? AS A FRIEND.

 - Your friend Noah.

"You want to go to home coming with me?" I shouted, looking up at Noah but still holding the note. 

"Did you read the part where I said as friends?" He grinned as the boys watched the scene. My eyes were still wide.

"Yeah but still..." I trailed off thinking what to make of this.

"I would of asked you in person but a letter is way more classy." 

"I see." 

"So will you go with me? As a friend of course." 

"I mean, yeah I guess." I answered. "As a friend." 

"Okay well it's next Friday I'll just see you then." Noah grinned.

"You know we'll see each other before that, right?" I chuckled as he face palmed himself.

"You know what I mean." 

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Can you two stop saying yeah? It's getting annoying." Nathan groaned as he hit Noah's arm.

"Jeez Nathan, calm your tits." Oliver teased, rolling his eyes at the idiotic boys. 

"You should probably go to the eye doctor Oliver cause last time I checked I was of the male gender." Nathan growled, glaring at Oliver. 

"Then act like one." Oliver snapped back at him, rolling his eyes.

"Make me!" Nathan barked as they began to hit each other. They weren't hurting each other but still.

"Do they always do this?" I sighed, turning to Noah.

"You'd be surprised." Noah chuckled. 

"Hey! No pulling my hair!" I heard Oliver whine as they were currently on the cafeteria floor smacking each other. Students around didn't even bother to glance at the scene. I guess it was normal for them to do this.