Chapter 25

Ace sighed while shaking his head with his hands yanking at the roots of his hair. I felt a small piercing of pain fill my body that I hadn't felt since I was here five years ago. Rubbing my heart, I realized that the bond was showing up again causing a small feeling of panic to rise inside of me. I pushed the feeling of panic and pain down. I was scared of the feeling of bond strengthening with each moment I was in Ace's presence.

I needed to get out of here, "Ace I am giving you ten seconds to start talking before I leave this room."

Hearing this Ace snapped out of his haze and questioned, "What do you want me to answer first?"

A million questions raced through my mind. What do I ask first? I had five years to come up with questions. Why did you reject me? Why was I not good enough? Why did you allow them to hurt me? Why did you have a picture of me with you all this time? Why did you say you cared?

All these questions needed to be answered, but the one that stood out to me the most was: why did you reject me? One question but the answer lead to every other question and answer. One rejection was what had started this whole chain of events.

Without raising my head I asked, "Why did you reject me?"

I waited but I didn't get an answer. I felt the air shift in front of me, causing me to lift up my head and I saw Ace sitting on the coffee table in between my legs. I looked into Ace's eyes and saw the pain, the loss, and the hatred he had for himself buried within those dark pools of chocolate. I felt the soul-wrenching pain through the mate bond and gasp as all his emotions hit me once again after five years. I felt a tear slip from my eyes by the overwhelming grief I felt, that he felt.

Ace grabbed my hands and I didn't pull away, "I was a young boy..."

I cut him off by yanking my hands away, and all the sorrow I had felt a second ago became anger.

"So!" I screamed at him while standing up, "I was young too."

I watched as he stood up too which put us chest to chest, "I was twenty years old with a future ahead of me."

Ace opened his mouth, but I cut him off by holding a hand up. I kept my hand raised as I tried to calm myself down realizing that there was no point in screaming at him, which would lead him to scream at me. Then, none of my questions would be answered and he would never be able to hear any of the things I needed to say.

I took breaths in to calm down while putting my hand down and whispered, "I was young and I had been introduced to this new world."

I took a seat again while looking down at my fingers, "I had just found out about werewolves and was told that I had a mate."

I looked at him as I continued, "I had always believed in true love and being destined for one person. Hearing that I had a mate only confirmed all my childhood dreams of having one person made for you and you for them. I was scared but willing to face this new world to be with you."

Ace took my hands again looking at me with anguish in his eyes, "I never knew you believed in true love. I never knew you were scared."

I felt a tear slip down my cheek before wiping it away with a bitter laugh, "You never knew anything about me, now did you."

I looked up in time to see a tear slip down his own cheek but I continued anyway, "I was given one day where Vincent took me on a walk down the road leading to this pack and he told me everything I needed to know about the werewolf life."

I looked away from the tears spilling down his cheeks and glanced at a point behind him, "I remember how he had described your life, your pack, and what it was like to have a mate. After he described to me all what a mate was in this world, this world didn't look so bad afterward. Vincent had destroyed all my fears and replaced them with hope for this new life I was to be a part of."

I blinked away the tears thinking about the young, naïve girl I was, "I was happier than I had ever been at that moment while thinking of the endless possibilities for our future together. That was until you had cast your shadow on those bright dreams the very next day."

Pulling my hands away from him again I wiped the never-ending stream coming from my eyes, "You had come to me, hand in hand with Britney. My smile had turned into a frown, and my laughs of ecstasy turned into sobs when you had explained to me that you already had a mate and luna. How I was nothing other than a human that you were generously letting into the pack."

Reaching for the paper laying on the table beside him, I began to crush it up in my hands, "Like this paper, you crumbled me up and played with my hopes and dreams of our future and tossed it aside like trash. You had tossed me aside like garbage."

I laughed with a bitter smile while I reached for his hands and held them in mine as I smile with so much pain filled inside of me that it could tear even the Devil's heart out, "Now, please tell me how you were a young boy."