Chapter 16

I smiled at the boyish looks Ryan had when he was asleep. All the worry that was usually present on his face disappeared. In its place was a boy who grew up too fast and had all the weight of the world resting on his shoulders.

I glanced at the clock beside the bed we were laying on and noticed that it was seven thirty. I felt my eyes growing wide as I jumped up from the bed starting to panic. No, we were late, very late.

I dove into the closet to change into my workout gear. I was in the middle of putting on my pants when I remembered something, or rather someone.

Once I remembered Ryan was still asleep on my bed, I hurried and wiggled into my pants. All the while cursing whoever chose to make workout gear so tight.

I finally managed to put my pants on before I ran out of the closet jumping on Ryan in order to wake him up. I saw his eyes snap open and they flashed golden, his wolf making an appearance thinking he was in danger.

I screamed out in shock when I felt myself being flipped onto the ground with Ryan laying on my back. I tried to knock Alex, Ryan's wolf, over or to turn around to let him know it was me. But like the alpha male he was, Alex didn't let me.

Instead, he bent down and he sniffed me trying to pick up my scent. After he picked up my scent, he quickly jerked away from me. Standing up he reached down and pulled me up. Alex quickly gave Ryan back control over his body.

Ryan pulled me into a hug, "You know never to try to wake an alpha up when he is sleeping. You remember that almost got you killed the last time you tried to wake me up."

I chuckled remembering that memory. It happened during the third month that I was in Ryan's pack. All of us had become good friends and were very comfortable with one another.

So being the idiot that I was, I tried to wake Ryan up one day. I snuck into Ryan's room as quiet as I could. I walked to Ryan's bed and saw him fast asleep. That's when I got a brilliant idea.

I ran as quietly as I could into the bathroom connected to Ryan's room, reaching into one of the cabinets. I grabbed the bowl that was underneath the sink and filled it with ice cold water.

I looked into the mirror and smirked at my reflection already picturing Ryan's expression when I dumped this bowl on him.

I picked up the bowl almost dropping it from the weight. I heaved the bowl up higher and slowly moved towards Ryan. I was right beside his bed when I stretched my arms farther out to rest above him.

I glanced at him one last time before counting down in my head. Starting at 3....2....1. I turned the bowl upside down and let the icy cold waterfall on Ryan. I laughed as he jumped up with shock.

That was until I looked at Ryan and with his wolf speed, he shoved me into the wall. He ran towards me with a glazed look like he wasn't even looking at me. He pushed his arm into my neck, holding me to the wall. Cutting off all the air that was trying to push its way out of my lungs but unable to.

I shuddered jokingly making sure Ryan saw and knew that I still remembered when that happened. If only I learned how to fight then. I knew I would have been able to get out of that choke hold he had me in that day.

I snickered, "Yeah keep that memory forever in your mind because that was the last time you were going to overpower me that easily."

Ryan chuckled from his throat, causing a deep sound to rumble out of him. I loved how playful he was being especially with how stressed out he had been because of everything that had been going on lately.

Everything being the rogues that were choosing to attack Ace's pack. I also knew he was stressed out about the fact that I was here so close to Ace and the pack that had hurt me so much in the past.

I pulled away from Ryan's grip just enough to look into his eyes. I stared into his eyes. His brown eyes sucked me in with all the emotions that were buried deep within them. I remembered the time when I would look into his eyes and not know what he was feeling. It was like he was feeling no emotions at all.

But as I got to know him as an Alpha, friend, and brother, I learned that it wasn't that he didn't feel anything because he did. I just learned that he hid his emotions well and you, as his friend, had to learn how to dig within him and find the emotions buried within him.

Ryan just put on a strong façade in front of the pack. He wanted the pack to have someone they could turn to in the face of a disaster. He did just that but by doing that he had trouble showing any other emotions to his pack members.

I stepped back shaking myself out of that memory. All those locked emotions are in the past now because over the time we had gotten to know each other, he slowly gave me the pieces of the key needed in order to unlock all the emotions he hid behind the steel door that was the man his pack called alpha.