Chapter 6

Victor and I assigned everyone their partners. As we told people who they were partnered with, we heard groans and complaints. I simply told them that if they thought they should be paired with someone stronger, then they needed to prove it and they had a chance to do that today.

After everyone had a partner, I told them to begin. I watched as everyone fought their partner, while I walked around with Victor I looked for things they all needed to work on as Victor wrote down the winners.

It took some people only a minute to take down their partner, while it took others more than ten minutes. I waited for everyone to finish then told the winners who they would be fighting. Everyone who lost simply watched the winners fight. I told them to watch closely and look at what strategies they used and their weaknesses.

I repeated this process until there was only one person left, Beta Evan.

I turned towards Victor smirking. Victor just started to laugh, shaking his head.

I jumped onto the platform. It seemed like I had used this platform for every announcement today. I signaled for everyone to gather around.

"I guess we have a winner, Beta Evan," pausing because everyone began cheering, "I know it's so exciting to see the Beta win. But come on it's not like we don't know who the winner was going to be."

The pack began laughing and nodded their agreement.

"Why don't we have our winner come up here?"

Everyone made room for Evan as he made his way on the platform. Some congratulated him as others wished him luck and told him he should just forfeit now.

He came on stage and stood in front of the crowd, smirking as if he had already won. That caused me to laugh, he wouldn't be smirking once I beat his ass.

"Okay. I know you all are excited about this fight but I have a rule," they all groaned hating the idea of rules.

"There are no rules."

Everyone cheered as I turned towards Victor and nodded. He saw my nod and knew what I was going to do. He turned to run and jump off the platform.

I turned towards Evan and saw he wasn't paying attention to me. I smirked walking towards him. From the corner of my eyes, I saw some of my pack mates catch on to what I was planning.

They tried to get Evan's attention, but they were too late. Right as he turned to look at me, I landed a kick right to his face.

Wiping my face of any emotion, I stated: "Didn't I say there weren't any rules."

He wiped the blood off his face giving me his full attention. He was looking at me but I knew he was still recovering from shock. So, I threw my leg up directing the kick towards his chest.

It landed perfectly, sweeping him off his feet and knocking the wind from his lungs. I guess I was right, he wasn't paying attention.

He got back up glaring at me while brushing himself off. He ran towards me at full force and I smiled knowing the fight was starting.

I stood my ground waiting for him to hit me. When he was about to hit me, I grabbed his arm he was going to punch me with. I held his arm and flipped him. He landed on his back with a groan but quickly got back up, landing a punch to my face. I reached up instantly touching the spot he hit me on, feeling blood.

I smirked at him, daring him to do his worst. He paused for a second as he saw my smirk, knowing he was in for it. My smirk grew even wider and he realized his mistake. But he was too late because the next thing he knew, I grabbed his face and brought it down straight into my knee.

He growled, his wolf becoming angry at the fact that he was being beaten by someone of lower rank. He grabbed my arm and twisted it with force causing it to become dislocated.

It hurt like hell, but I just shook off the pain choosing to focus on Evan. But as I chose to shake off the pain, Evan took that chance to grab me and flung me into a tree.

I landed on the grass but I kept my eyes on Evan. One thing Ryan had taught me was to never take your eyes off the enemy.

I saw him rush towards me to finish me off, but I didn't give him the chance. I laid on the grass pretending to be hurt, but instead of being hurt I planned my next move.

As Evan walked within a couple of feet away from me, I jumped up and kicked off the tree beside me. I flew through the air and when I was directly over Evan, I twisted my body landing on his back.

When I landed on him, he fell to the ground with me on top. I grabbed his neck putting pressure on it to stop his breathing.

If I didn't then he would take that as weakness and he would break out of my hold. I knew the only way he would submit to me would be if he felt like he didn't have a choice.

Evan struggled to get out of the choke hold I had him in, but he couldn't. He kept struggling to get out for another minute or so before he stopped struggling. He was red-faced and losing oxygen fast, but he hadn't submitted yet. As he was turning a bluish color he finally gave up. He bared his neck towards me, the sign of submitting for a werewolf.

I got up and released my hold on him. He dropped to the ground trying to get his breath back. I watch him but I didn't offer my help. I knew his wolf wouldn't like it. His pride was already bruised and if I offered my help, his wolf wouldn't take that well and he would probably try to hurt me.

I stood there watching him as the crowd congratulated me, but I ignored them. I already knew I would win, but that's not what I wanted. I took pride in being able to beat a werewolf and a strong one at that. But my job wasn't to beat them, it was to train the pack to beat me. It was to train them to be the best.

I shook my head as everyone continued to congratulate me. I watched as Evan got up walking towards me. Most would think he would be angry at me for winning but he wasn't. He was coming towards me with a smile, proud that I was strong.

He was there when I came here, he saw how weak I was, how useless I was. I could see in his expression that he was so proud of me and how far I had come. We shared a smile, but we were interrupted by a pack member calling me.

"Warrior Kathryn," one of the pack members called out.

I simply stared at him, I told them not to call me by my title, Warrior Kathryn.

He ignored me and continued, "Alpha Ryan wants to see you in his office."