Chapter 5

I walked towards the center of the field where there was a slightly raised platform for fights. As I walked to the center I made sure to mask the emotions on my face, leaving behind a blank look.

Even if the pack was family when we trained they needed someone who would push them past their limits and challenge them, not someone who babied them.

I took off my heels before getting on the platform. I walked to the center and waited for everyone to gather around, and for Victor to stand by me.

Glancing at Victor, we shared a look and when he nodded I faced the crowd again. They were still talking with one another but when they saw me facing them, they became quiet one by one. Once everyone was silent and paying attention, I started to talk.

"Today, we are going to do something different, " I began to pace the outside of the platform, "You will only use the human side of you to fight an opponent we have chosen for you."

With looks of shock, while glancing at one another, they all began to speak at once with murmurs of disproval. I paused allowing the conversation and almost smiled because this is the exact reaction I thought I was going to get when I told them about this.

It was similar to the reaction I got when I suggested this idea to Ryan, Evan, and Victor. They all told me how it was a bad idea and how they should spend time training their wolves too.

But instead of dropping the suggestion, I continued to explain it. I told them how we have only done the basics with their human side, only enough to defend themselves. I wanted them to be stronger.

I told Ryan that one day they might need their human side and couldn't get to their wolf side. I explained to him that if someone used silver against our pack, then everyone in it would be useless. I told him that if that ever happened I would be responsible because I could have done something about it, but I didn't

Ryan listened to my side and gradually warmed up to the idea along with Evan and Victor. They told me it was a good idea and that it was worth a shot. So here we are today...

"Silence," I yelled and they became silent almost instantly.

I began pacing again, "Yes, you heard me right. I said we were working on our human side. I know you aren't going to like it, but guess what you have to. I already discussed this with the alpha and beta."

I stopped pacing and looked at the faces of the pack. I looked around to see if anyone would object to it but they were all silent. They simply looked at me waiting for me to continue and give them instructions.

As I stared at them as they waited for what I would say next, I smiled. It was a rare smile from me when I was in warrior mode but they continue to impress me with how trusting they were. But like everything in life, the smile didn't last. I got back into warrior mode and started with my instructions.

"Today is the day that you see how useless you are in your human form. I have shown you the basics but now it's time to get to the hard stuff."

I jumped off the platform landing on the ground. Everyone made space for me to move around.

"Victor and I picked partners for each of you. Your partner was selected based on your skill level. We will watch each pair fight each other and the winners will then fight each other until there is only one person standing."

I saw everyone start to get excited. They loved the chance to prove themselves and move up in level. I knew just how to get them more excited about this challenge.

"What is the prize for winning you may ask?" I said pausing for a dramatic effect. Getting the effect I wanted as I saw everyone on the balls of their feet.

"The winner of the challenge will get to fight me. There will be no punishment if you lose."

The pack began to cheer and then howl at the sky. Excited for the challenge and to prove themselves to the pack, to fight the strongest human warrior. For the second time today, I smiled while glancing at the pack, my family.