House Secrets

"Hurry up." Uther stuck his head out the window. I lost my hold and almost fell. Luckily, I had sank my fingers into the side of the house. "They are coming up."

       "What are you doing?" I gasped loudly. My heart was thundering loudly in my chest. "You scared me." I had to grasp the side of the building tightly trying to pull myself together. He had just scared me badly.

        "Hurry up." Uther hissed reaching for me. I grasped his hand and he tugged me in. He was dressed in his pajamas.

       "How did you get into my room?" my bedroom door was closed. The television was playing.

       "Please." He waved me off. "So did you figure it out?"

      "How did you know I was going to go?" I hissed at him taking my shoes off. Uther took a seat waiting for me to tell him.

       "Curiosity, duh. Besides those Lancers could ask us to jump off a roof and we'd do it." he started to laugh. I made a face because for the most part he was right. Evan and his stupid smile were just enticing.

        "Yeah, I need to talk to Damien."

"He's here." Uther whispered to me. "I saw them outside. He was making his way here but Mr. Lancer and his son started to make a commotion." He waved me to follow him. We left my room and went to the front window. We could see everything that was happening clearly. There were Professors outside and from the looks of it Slayers from the Chains not just School ones.

       "Jeesh look at all that." Uther shook his head. "Why is Damien here?"

       "I don't know. Family Day was last week." I grumbled shaking my head. Maybe he had heard something. The window wouldn't open but from their body positions- they were arguing.

       "Mr. Lancer probably didn't like it that Eric told him to get off campus." I wanted to laugh loudly. Students were now coming out of their Houses to watch. The large group of Slayers started to make their way to our House. My godfather wasn't dressed in Slayer clothing. He was dressed casually which was strange. I waved at him but he only lifted his eyebrows at me.

        "Shit he's pissed." I mumbled turning on my heel and making my way downstairs. Students were standing outside our own House. I squeezed between them trying to get through to meet Damien.

"Curfew is still being enforced." Eric yelled not too far from me but I couldn't see where he was. I stumbled out from the crowd.

          "Inside all of you." Damien ordered pointing inside. "You stay here." he told me. I shook my head at him trying to understand why he was so mad. I hadn't done anything. Students filed back inside and I stayed put.

          "I haven't done anything." I told him trying to meet his dark black eyes but he wasn't looking at me. He was focused on Mr. Lancer who was still standing in front of the Tracker House. His children were now with him.

        "It isn't you." Damien grasped the bridge of his nose. "This nonsense is pissing me off. A coven was spotted making its way in. We eliminated the problem."

         "Are you staying near the school?" my eyes glanced over at Mr. Lancer who was talking to his children. "Because of me?" Damien didn't answer but he did wave Eric forward.

         "Noone is allowed on campus effective immediately. There is too much commotion that is attracting vampires. Get Lancer off campus." Eric nodded and took off with a handful of Slayers.