Hello House Lancer

I woke with a start because the room was hot. My shirt and pants were soaked with sweat. I could still remember my nightmare clearly. It was that same hallway with the red walls.

It was hard to get my dream out of my head. I sat up trying to also get rid of the pain in my jaw. My hand reached for the bottle of pills on my nightstand. I popped two pills into my mouth.

My fingers gently prodded my jaw trying to soothe the pain away.

A heavy sigh escaped my mouth as I got up and made my way to the my bedroom door. I wanted something cold to soothe the pain in my jaw.

"You are up!" Lydia exclaimed when I walked into the kitchen. She had moved into one of the rooms. Eric was still in one of the rooms. He was in the kitchen with her cooking while she was cutting up some vegetables.

        "We are making a chicken stir fry. Do you want some?" she asked, cutting a carrot.

        "Aren't you guys eating at the dining hall?" I asked walking towards the refrigerator. There were some popsicles in the freezer. I grabbed two and turned to face them.

        "No we thought we would have dinner together today."

        "No thanks." I answered lifting my popsicles to them. "I'm good."

        "Alright, see you in the morning. I've got some low intensity training for you." Lydia responded turning back to the vegetables in front of her.

I walked away leaving them to finish cooking. Instead of going up to my room, I went outside to get some fresh air. I needed to focus on something else instead of the pain in my mouth. There were a few students in the main common room as I made my way down. Heads turned up towards me but nobody said anything. Their eyes were on me, and I did my best to stare anywhere else but at them.

"Hey!" someone called to me and my head snapped in that direction despite wanting to pretend to not hear. "That was messed up. That Tracker bitch should pay for what she did to you. They all should."

         "Yeah, Gordon was bragging that he sent you to the infirmary. He told everybody how he broke your jaw. I'm sorry." A pale faced girl with thick black hair approached me. "We have to stick together through this mess." she held out her hand to me. Her gesture surprised me so much that I froze not knowing what to do.

        "Oh yeah of course." I snapped out of it and took her hand.

        "Yeah, I'm sorry too." A tall lanky tan guy approached me. He was wearing a leather jacket with jeans and combat boots. He was the stereotypical Slayer. Dark cropped hair dressed in leather with tattoos down his arms. "Someone should have been with you."

        "What do you mean?" I asked not understanding him. I didn't know any of their names. In the few short months that I had been here, I hadn't gotten to know any other Slayer but Uther.

        "There were rumors about that evil blonde bitch threatening to jump you. We didn't believe them."

        "Nobody did."

I let out a low laugh in disbelief.

        "Well thanks for the heads up guys. It could have prevented a broken jaw." I walked away shaking my head at them. I would have said something to them if someone would have made a threat like that. "Who was with Selena that night?" I turned back to them needing to know.

       "Gordon Bolton and Ukra Nichols." The dark haired girl responded with a frown on her face. "Alex, I really am sorry. I feel like this is our fault."