Secrets between Houses

I made my way to the Slayer House to get ready for the school day. Ahead of me leaving the Slayer House was Eric and a few of the Slayers in charge of security for the school. They were all dressed in workout clothing. Evan had been right, nobody occupied the gym until after seven in the morning.

I kept a neutral face as I watched them leave. They didn't acknowledge me except for Louis. His eyes stayed on me as we passed each other.

         "Good morning, Alexandra." He told me with a brief smile. Louis looked a lot like Eric except he had brown eyes and he was much more tanner. They were about the same height.

        "Morning," I answered, flicking my eyes to Eric and then back to Louis. Eric hadn't said anything to me. "Why are you all up so early?" I already knew the answer to the question but I was curious. I hadn't seen Evan leave the gym so he was probably going to get an early morning workout.

       "Early morning workouts." Louis answered while Eric kept walking. Louis stopped walking and turned to me. "And you? Where is Uther?"

        "Same. You know breaking the rules. I didn't let Uther know." I answered meeting his dark eyes. He looked me over and I realized I didn't look winded or tired. "Anyway, I've got to get ready for the day." Classes started in about two hours. I was already thinking about getting some breakfast.

         "Aren't you supposed to be taking it easy. You did just get out of the infirmary." He asked with suspicious eyes.

        "I can workout. Damien didn't completely restrict me." I replied with a shrug. Lydia did say she had some low intensity workouts for me to do until I got restrictions lifted.

        "Do you talk to Damien all the time?" he asked me in a curious tone. My eyes narrowed this time on him.

       "Of course." I answered pursuing my lips. "Don't you?" my eyes blinked rapidly at him. "He's my godfather."

       "Right...right. I just wanted to know." Louis shrugged turning to look back over his shoulder.

      "You don't have to be polite to me. I know perfectly well how your House feels about me."

Louis let out a low scoff and finally rolled his eyes.

        "You are being paranoid." He commented but his lips did twitch.

"Right. Your cousin hates me and you don't have to pretend to like me. My godfather knows how much Eric doesn't like me yet he left him in charge." I lifted my lips in dslike as he talked. There was something about Louis that I didn't quite like. I wasn't sure what my godfather was doing leaving all these people in charge. He had basically left House Travis in charge of me.

         "Don't be so jealous." Louis commented with twitching lips. My eyes stayed on him. Behind him Eric was waiting for him by the entrance to the castle.

        "It is upsetting that my godfather chose someone who isn't as good as me. Everybody knows House Travis doesn't produce the best Slayers."

        "He asked my House to help him because we are loyal to Damien not necessarily to House Matheson." He retorted rather defensively. Louis hadn't liked my comment all too much. I couldn't help letting a low laugh.

I briefly recalled Evan's words earlier today. Somebody had betrayed my godfather but who was it.

        "How long did you work for my godfather?" I asked him rather suspiciously. It had to be someone from this school and near me. House Travis disliked me so that put them on top of my list. Eric had always given me the impression that if he could push me off a cliff, he would have done it.