Looking between the two I notice their differences easily. Jay stands just a little taller than Rocky and broader too. While Jay has a clean shaven head, Rocky's soft brown hair is trimmed neatly around his ears. Jay's dark eyes are shadowed by thick, dark eyebrows and a scar runs across his left cheek. Rocky has gray-blue eyes that are often filled with lust and hunger when he looks at me. Which is the reason I'm trying to sneak behind the two of them before he turns them on to me.

"How's Rocky's girl?"

D*mn it. Not fast enough.

Forcing a grimace down, I turn towards the two men. "Once again Rocky, I'm not your girl. I'm going inside to make my dinner now."

He frowns as I turn back around. "Aww, come on Babe." Cue flinch at pet name. "Rocky's grilling steaks tonight. You don't want to hurt Rocky's feelings?"

Rolling my eyes I refuse to turn around. I can feel his eyes on my back, well more like my backside. It would be more flattering if there wasn't the likelihood of him screwing half the girls in the nearby town.

"At least let Rocky take you out for a ride." I know he has a motorcycle, but seriously? I can hear the innuendo dripping from his voice. Can he be more obvious?

"Knock it off Rocky. You know she's not interested." I can hear a light slap of skin hitting skin. Jay must have hit him on the arm. At least he was around. Without Jay nearby Rocky tends to be more persistent.

I guess the two of them are friends that went to high school together. Jay decided to study oceanography and Rocky chose geology, specifically the ocean floor. When they heard what university the other chose they decided to be roommates. Phil picked them because they are experts for their age.

Escaping inside I only hear a murmur in response to Jay's words. Releasing a sigh of relief, I close my eyes and lean against the door.

"Rocky solicit himself for sex again?"

A feminine voice startles me and I look up into big brown eyes.

"Hey Karen." I give her a small smile. "Yeah. You'd think he'd give up already."

Karen shakes her head and the tips of her brown hair sway with her. Her pixie cut showcases her high cheekbones and makes her eyes appear even larger. She's almost as tall as the boys and is never intimidated by anyone. She's also extremely competitive and after a certain night two years ago I vehemently refuse to participate in game nights.

Karen joined the team with her knowledge on ancient civilizations and athletic medicine. Phil wanted someone who could provide medical care if he wasn't around and Karen fit the bill. Once she found her place on the team she took over creating meal plans and a work out regimen for everyone so we would all stay in top shape. Rocky fought her every turn until he saw how quickly Jay and I gained muscle. Now she does a lot of the information sorting at base so she can stay close to her girlfriend.

"Well you never bring anybody around," she glances out the window at the two men chatting, "of course he thinks he still has a chance with you. Plus you're a virgin. He probably thinks it's a way to claim you or some caveman sh*t."

"And you know this how?" I ask, amusement lacing my voice. "Last time I checked you've never had a boyfriend either."

"Hun, that's because I am the boyfriend. And girlfriend." She wiggles her eyebrows at me and we bust into laughter.

As we calm down her eyes lose some of their amusement. "Seriously, you should just find some guy and screw him. Or I could set you up with one of my friends. We could see if you bat for my team."

"Nah," I wave my hand in answer, "one night stands aren't my thing, I'd hate to lead anyone on. Besides nobody wants to date a myth obsessed archeologist diver who spends more time in the water than on land. I wouldn't mind hanging out with your friends though if you ever want to plan a movie night or something."

Karen gives me a look and just shakes her head. "Sure I'll plan one, but you really should care about your love life more. G*d, you can practically add Dr. to your name and you're only twenty one. Live a little!"

I roll my eyes and step away from the door. "Well this almost doctor is going to go wash her clothes. I'll see you at dinner?"

She nods and moves to the couch while I head towards the stairs.

I reach into my pocket to feel the plastic bag once more. I know I should show my team, but Phil needs to see this first. He's the one that started this.

I stop and dump my clothes into the washing machine before continuing on to my room. Stale air moves out as I open the door. I really should open the window next time I leave. Everyone rotates going out on the ship, but I refuse to stay off longer than a few days. The ocean calls to me and I can't stand staying on land. I usually stay on the boat as long as Phil lets me. Which means until he realizes I haven't been off it for over a month.

Moving to the window, I step around the small twin bed. There were really only three rooms in this house but we added a window to the small storage closest near the back of the house so no one had to share. I happily took it since I wouldn't be here that often. We painted the walls a pale blue and I couldn't be happier. I have my bed, a dresser, and a desk which is currently covered in towers of books and documents for research. Pictures of the discovered shipwreck and tablets litters my bed. I grin knowing that nothing has been touched since we left a week ago.

Quickly piling the pictures up, I lay down with my feet hanging off the side of the bed. I pull the crinkling plastic out of my pocket and examine the coin again. Just as I move to sit up I hear the bang of the back door hitting the wall. Only one person enters the house like that. Tightening my hold on the bag, I stand up. I wrap my fingers around the coin and head to the door.

It's time to face the music. Or, well, the Doctor.

*****
Hey!

Day three of Update Days!

What do you think of their team? Personally I'm in love with this story.

Who caught my pun? ;)

As a heads up, none of this is historically accurate. I am looking up info but I'm using writers discretion and the fact that this is a work of fiction.

Till next time,
BijinMum.