Jamie's P.O.V ... Maddy Is Gone, And Are You To Blame?

Jamie’s P.O.V ------ Jamie is Maddy’s brother, in case some of you forgot.

I walked into the house with my head down low as I was so exhausted. Over the past few weeks I’d worked non-stop to put Allen’s mom behind bars that sleep hadn’t really been on my mind. I heard shouting and arguing coming from the kitchen, and given my headache I decided to ignore my growling stomach and just go straight to my room.

When I entered, I saw my brother Christopher sitting at the chair desk that sat in the corner of the room. His eyes were focused on a letter that laid before him. I walked up behind him, without him noticing and saw that Christopher was reading Allen’s letter to Savvy. I snatched it out of his hand.

“Don’t you know that you are not supposed read and get into other people’s things?” I quizzed. Flashback of our childhood came to mind. I would always find Christopher snooping around in my stuff. It never helped that we shared a room. Yet, no matter how many times I stated to him that just because we share a room, doesn’t mean he can get my things, he never listened.

Christopher let out a sigh before reclining back in the chair.

“Why would Allen send something like that to Savvy? He loved her.” Christopher became confused.

“Do you love Holly?” I asked him.

“Why are you asking me that?! Did I do something that made it that obvious?” A panicked expression crossed his face. I went wide eyed.

“I was just going to make an example, using the way you love Holly … But brother, please tell me you are in love with Holly … after all, you’re marrying her.” Christopher looked around the room in a nervous manner. “You don’t love her.” I muttered in shock. “I knew you’d be the type to not fall in love.” I stated with a smile.

“Who says I haven’t been in love?” He asked in a solemn voice. I saw sadness cross his face as he tried not to sound upset.

“Who was it?” I quizzed him. Christopher said nothing.

“You never answered my question, why would Allen want to send Savvy this letter if he loved her?” I let out a sigh, and pushed the wondering of who Christopher once loved out of my head for a second.

“To protect her,” I said. Once the words left my mouth I wanted to mentally slap myself because I knew Christopher would want to know more about Allen and what he wanted to protect Savvy from.

“What-” Before Christopher could ask me a single thing I stood up.

“I suddenly remembered, Maddy wanted to talk to me when I got home.” I lied. My brother gave me an uncertain look before exhaling loudly.

“Dad and mom were looking for her earlier, but they found a note in her room that said she had gone to have a sleepover at Savvy’s grandmother’s house.” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Savvy’s grandmother’s house?” I questioned. He nodded. “Where is the note?” Christopher shrugged his shoulders. I walked over to him and yanked him up by his collar. “Where is the damn note?!” I demanded from him. He gave me a horrified look.

“M-mom and dad probably have it in their room, or wherever they put it after reading it.” I let go of Christopher’s collar and stormed out of the room. I found mom and dad in the living room. My mom was reading a romance book, like always, while snacking on some yellow cheese dip. Dad on the other hand was flipping through the T.V trying to find a movie he hadn’t seen yet.

“Dad, where is the note Maddy left?” I asked him. He looked away from the glowing screen and smiled.

“Why do you want to know?” He asked. I groaned. I wish I could tell him that it was possible that Maddy was kidnapped by the same people I was trying to imprison. Allen told me to be careful, that they might attack my family if they found out I was going after them. But I wasn’t at liberty to tell my dad the details of the case. And even telling him that I thought Maddy had been kidnapped would send my dad up a pole.

“I just do, can you tell me where it is?” I quizzed. My dad raised an eyebrow before sighing and getting up. I watched him walk out of the living room. Seconds later he came back with the note and handed it to me. I read over it.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Gone to have a sleepover at Savvy’s grandmother’s house. Love y’all. Will be back probably in a day or so.

Love,
Maddy.

Two things caught my eyes about this note: one, this was not Maddy’s handwriting, and two, she never says “I will be gone for a day or so”.

I looked at my parents wondering why they weren’t freaking out.

“Don’t you think you should call her and tell her to get her ass home?” I asked in shocked. My parents looked at me.

“Why?” My mom questioned.

“She left a note?! She didn’t personally tell y’all she was leaving?!”

“Maddy left her phone here, we can’t call her. Plus, your dad flipped out when he got the note and went storming out of his house. He was going to go to Savvy’s to get Maddy, but the car wouldn’t start. Luckily, Troy was outside and helped your dad. Troy told your dad that he saw Maddy leave with Savvy and the girls.” My mom stated.  I sighed. Well if Troy saw them all leaving together than … maybe it’s true.

But in the back of my mind I was not completely one-hundred percent sure if something wasn’t going on.

Sitting the paper down on the coffee table, I walked out of the house. I watched as Inx’s car sped off down the street.

Wonder what was wrong with him?

My feet lead me across the street to Troy’s house. I knocked on the door and soon Troy came stumbling out of the house. When Troy saw it was me he straightened up and gave me a smile as he closed the door behind him.

“Hey, Jamie, what’s up?” He asked and then gave me a nervous chuckle. I raised an eyebrow, knowing he was definitely hiding something.

“My dad told me that you saw Maddy leave with her friends. Is that true?” I asked him. He sighed and nodded.

“Y-y-yeah.” He stated. Then smiled widely at me.

“Who did she leave with?” I asked.

“Uhhh, you know her little gang … Savvy, Kay, and Hope.” I nodded at him and then analyzed Troy from head to toe.

“Anything suspicious about them?” Troy looked like he was thinking for a minute.

“Uhhhh, no, nope, nada. They were just giggling and talking about going to Kay’s house.”

“Kay’s house?” I asked him. He nodded ‘yes’.

“Okay, thanks for telling, man.” Troy sighed and smirked.

“No problem.” He said then hiccuped for a second.

“Have you been drinking Troy?” I asked him. He shook his head frantically and hiccuped again. “I am a cop you know. Lying to me is not a wise thing.” I was hinting not only to the fact that he was slightly looking tipsy and the fact that I had a gut feeling he was hiding something. With that in mind I pulled out my cell phone, and then stared blankly at it.

“Shit.” I muttered out loud so he could hear me.

“What is it?” Troy asked with curiosity.

“My phone, it’s dead … Hey, you wouldn’t mind if I could use your phone?”

“Ummm, actually my phone is dead too, no house phone. Sorry.” I gave him a skeptical look before grinning at him.

“Okay … well, I think I shall be heading home now … But if you hear from the girls let me know, I am looking for Maddy.” Troy nodded his head slowly. I narrowed my eyes at him waiting for him to give it up and tell me what he knows, but he said nothing. I sighed and turned away, I heard him sigh in relief. Quickly I spun around before I was out of earshot. “Oh, Troy, if I find out that you are lying to me, not just about the underage drink, we will have some problems. Got it?” I asked. Troy took a second before bobbing his head ‘yes’. “Good, now I will talk to you later,” I said and walked away. I swear I heard him say ‘I hope not’.

Right when I entered my house I knew … Something was up with Troy and what was he hiding something and my gut feeling was telling me whatever it is, might have to do with the fact he doesn’t want me inside his house … Could it be my sister?

Something bubbled up inside of me … Laughter.

Troy wouldn’t … It was probably because his living room was littered with liquor he didn't want me to see. After all I can’t really blame him for drinking right now, even if he was underage, because my sister basically has rejected Troy and told him he can’t be in the baby’s life. It must hurt him to hear and know that.

Anyways, that is beside the point right now. I need to find out if Maddy is safe. I strolled into my room and looked to see if Christopher was still her, and if he knows anymore about her whereabouts. When I walked in I saw he was gone. I silently cursed and sat on my bed. With every bone in my body I wanted to get up and go search for her. Yet, my eyes were getting heavier and heavier by the second. I needed sleep, maybe a few hours wouldn’t matter … NO!!! I shouted to myself. I slapped myself awake, but it was of no use. I had been up for many, many hours … at least 26 hours.

I felt bad as thoughts of taking a nap crossed my mind. I wanted to be out looking for Maddy. What if she is in danger?

Yet, what good well I do her if I can barely keep my eyes open.

It was then I decided that I would take a short nap, and then go on a manhunt for Maddy.

I laid my head down on my pillow. My eye involuntarily closed and I fell asleep thinking of my precious sister …

Who kidnapped her and what if it was Troy … but then again she was pregnant with his baby, so he wouldn’t dare do something like that ...Right?

<><><><><><><>

There is your Friday suprise!!! Hope you like it!

Please Vote!!!!