Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

            Summer’s POV:

            “YOU’RE BACK!”  I hear Xiumin shout as I walk back in.

            “Yes. I indeed am.” I say back.

            “YAH! Please stop all the shouting I’m trying to sleep.” I hear Kris’ muffled voice from one of the rooms.

            “Sorry.” I whisper to him. Though he probably didn’t hear it.

            “You should go catch up on your sleep too Xiumin.” I say.

            “True. I am tired.” He says as he yawns.

            “Goodnight.” I reply.

            “Goodnight!” He says back. I sit on the couch and plan out my investigation. Everyone must have thought I was asleep because I heard the soft echoes of footsteps stop in front of me. Then that person laid me down and spread a blanket over me. Then they brushed my hair to one side.

            “Have sweet dreams.” They whispered and walked away. I hear the door softly open then close. Who was that? I laid still for a couple more minutes then slowly got up. Quieter than that person was, I walked over to the closed door and eased the first one open. I looked around and found two figures sleeping. Judging from the form, it looked like Xiumin and Tao. I eased that door close and tiptoe quietly to the next door. It was slightly open, just a crack and that made it easy for me to open it without making any noise. I saw two forms and remembered Kris and Chen introduced this room as their bedroom. That left one last bedroom. So it’s either Lay or Luhan. I pray that it isn’t Luhan. Please don’t let it be him. This door was open the slightest bit. If I didn’t walk closer, I would’ve thought that it was closed. I opened it and saw what I feared. Lay was alone in that room.

Returning the door to its original state, I went back to my makeshift “bed” and pulled on a hoodie and slipped on my tennis shoes. Its easier to make less noise in those. Plus, they were spy geared. I pulled out my phone, of course spy geared also, and texted Derek in code telling him I’m leaving the dorm to track down Luhan. I silenced it and eased the front door open. Just as I was leaving, I stopped and went back to the kitchen to write a note to the members to tell them that I’m leaving just in case they woke up before I got back. Sticking it on the fridge, I finally walked out the dorm and closed the door lightly behind me. Glancing down the semi-dark corridors didn’t tell me anything about which way Luhan had went. So I decided to pull out my map plan of the building. That’s when I heard light footsteps down the hall.

On instinct I ran and hid in the corner before taking out my compact mirror to angle in to catch all the light I could so I can see what’s going on. I see a blob that resembled somewhat like hair and I try and angling it again. This time I can see the outline of the person. A boy judging from the build. He’s heading towards where I am and so I used my shoes to scale to wall. Easy just like that. (I had a lot of practices in case you were wondering.) I stayed in the corner and breathed evenly. I was able to see the person. And I recognized him. It was Sehun. He passed by me without saying a word, walking silently like a ghost down the hall. He rounded the next corner. I stayed still for 5 seconds. 5 4 3. He peeked back around the corner and my breath hitched just the slightest bit. He looked around before resuming turning the corner. Why did he do that? He sure isn’t going to buy food or whatever. Maybe he was looking for Luhan too? With that thought, I slowly slipped down the wall landing catlike on my feet. No noise. Perfect. Skirting along the edge of the wall, I stopped at the corner. Using my compact mirror, I used it to look around the corner. Clear. I rounded the corner and hid in the bend in. Sehun had stopped in the middle of the hallway looking around. I stayed silent, watching his every move. He decided to go again. I followed behind leaving a reasonable amount of space between us. He opened a door and went down the steps. Basement. Deciding he was already down, I opened the door just like the bedroom doors and stopped at the top of the stairs. Seeing Sehun nowhere in sight, I sat on the railing and started sliding down. Suddenly, I feel the light buzz on my watch. Sending me almost flying head-first down the stairs. I stopped and checked my watch. Derek has sent me something.

Opening it up, he said to not go out of the dorm. A bit too late. I reply to him. Go back this INSTANT. I’m in the basement right now. Luhan’s gone and Sehun is there. I reply. There is a pause in our messaging back and forth. Ok stay. Sure. I reply.

I look around to notice I was halfway down the stairs. I hopped off, quietly and waited. That’s when I noticed Sehun heading towards the stairs. I freaked a bit. Derek told me not to move, but Sehun never knew that I was following him. Acting quick, I arched my back over the railing and swung my body to the other side of the railing, so I was dangling over the other side. I didn’t bother to check how big the drop was. Stupid. That’s when Sehun reached my area. My breath became still as he came closer and closer.