Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

“What’s happening?” He asks me, concern etched on his face.

            “It’s nothing. They’re just partying over the fact that you guys get to wake up later tomorrow. I pulled some strings and managed to push back the time a bit.” I answer while putting everything he bought into the empty refrigerator.

            “REALLY?” He asks me shutting the refrigerator door.

            “Mhm.” I answer. Luhan’s arms envelope me in a warm hug.

            “Thanks.” He whispers into my ear. Out of all the thank you’s I got from them already, I have to be honest. That was the one that made my heart throb the most. I’m not sure if it’s because Luhan was hugging me, or he whispered it like I was the only person that’s supposed to hear it, or because he was the one saying it.

            Xiumin walked in mumbling something about cake when he suddenly stopped. Probably because Luhan was still currently hugging me. His lips still close to my ear. Luhan noticed too and quickly dropped his arms that were once encircling my waist. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that he was blushing.

            “Um uh sorry?” Xiumin said to us before quickly running away.

            “Sorry. I didn’t mean that to happen.” Luhan said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

            “Um its ok?” I answer then laugh. It’s awkward. But it’s nothing compared to what’s going to come next.

            “LUHAN’S HITTING ON SUMMER?” I hear a chorus of voices shout from outside of the kitchen and the rushing of feet. Soon, the rest of EXO M was in the kitchen faster then you can say MAMA.

            “NONONO! It’s not what it looked like!” Luhan and I shouted at the same time.

            “Then what can you explain about you hugging Summer?” Lay said.

            “Well um I was thanking her.” Luhan said in an attempt to try and explain what happened.

            “And that includes hugging.” Chen said.

            “Well um this is awkward.” I say. “I’ll go and inform EXO K about our time schedule change.” I say and walk out of the tension. This is weird.

            I put the key code in and open the first set of doors. Then I knock politely on the second door wait.

            “Who is it?” I hear a muffled voice call out.

            “Summer!” I answer.

            “Welcome!” I hear and the door opens to a smiling Suho.

            “Thank you Suho.” I answer.

            “Anytime.” He answers back and leads me in to EXO K’s dorm. It’s not much different than M’s dorm so I was able to memorize the map layout with ease on the plane ride. “So what brings you here?”

            “Well, I got some news for you guys so gather.” I said.

            “GUYS! SUMMER’S GOT SOMETHING TO TELL US! COME!” He shouted and got a chorus of “Comings!” in response. He smiled at me. “Sorry. This might take a while.” He said sheepishly. But they did finally manage to file in and arrange themselves on the couch. Sehun sat on one side of me, Suho on the other and it was Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and D.O sprawled out in a kind of circle formation.

            “So, I managed to convince my dad with my crazy ideas to push back your wake times. I also got it approved with your manager.” I announce with my eyes half-closed already and fighting back a yawn. A scream of shouts erupted around me and managed to wake me up. Wow they have good vocal chords. “Well, I leave you guys to celebrate on your own. I have to catch up on my own sleep.” I say with a laugh.

            “Wait! Don’t go!” I hear Sehun’s voice behind me say. I spin around, not sure of what to expect.

            “Thank you.” All of them say at once. I smile to myself as I say goodnight and walk back to M’s dorm.