Epilogue

The epilogue takes place during chapter 3-4.

The explosion made the national news. Nobody knew what had happened, not even the teacher who had left the classroom for two minutes. Neither the police or the forensics team could find any trace of the students who were present at the time. Nor could they identify the type of bomb that it was; it was a type that no known human knew what it was. The teacher felt somewhat responsible for the deaths of the students, and she felt that if she were there at the time, she could have somehow prevented it.

But nobody can stop a bomb like this.

The teacher said that she had just gone out of the room to go collect some printing, but when she returned, there was no room to return to.

"I knew I wasn't gone for very long," she had said, "but a lot can happen in two minutes."

Reporters were the first to the scene after the police. They had flooded the grounds long before the families arrived, and there weren't enough officers to hold back the journalists and television reporters.

But by the time the parents and siblings had arrived, there was no way to soften the explanation. Mothers were in tears, and the fathers were refraining from being in the same state. The policemen and women were attempting to gently explain what had happened, but seeing the side of the building blown out and still steaming, there were no words left to be said.

Actions speak louder that words, and the bomb was a bold expression.

"Where's my brother?" a toddler asks his mother, "mama, what's happening?"

His mother had been too engulfed by grief to answer.

Nobody knew what to do.

Nobody knew what to say.

"Do something!" One father called out to the officers.

"I apologize, to all of you," one policeman announced, "but we cannot hold anyone responsible for this act. There is no evidence of who it could have been."

"That's not good enough!" A mother cried out.

"I said, I apologize to-" The officer began, but then a whirlwind of revolting outbursts and shouts stopped him.

Fathers of the students lunged forward towards the bombsite, doing whatever they can to push past the police force. Throwing fists, shoving, shoulder charging.

One family, however, did not uprise. They hung back, silently grieving. Only a mother and a father; no other children to pour their affection into.

Alesha and Adam Knowles.

"We have to be strong," Adam reasoned with his wife, "we need to remember Thea for who she was. She wouldn't want us to grieve like this."

"But without her," Alesha sobbed, "I'll be miserable at best."

"Shh.. I know you're trying your hardest. The hardest part is letting go. Of the nights we shared, of everything."

"She's a thousand miles away, but she will always be home. With us." Alesha said, holding back the next wave of tears.

"Of course she will. But remember, she would want us to go on. The hardest part of living is just taking the breaths to stay. Can you do that? For Thea?" Adam whispered.

Alesha winced. "For Thea."

Silence.

"I feel so empty inside." Adam mumbled.

"Maybe, one day those people who did this will find humanity." Alesha hoped.

"I hope. But they can never erase their past. I want the guilt to haunt them forever," Adam, said, looking up to the grey sky, "we miss you, Thea. I hope you've gone to a good place."

*

Meanwhile, Thea was not in a good place. "Is everyone okay?" She heard Denise say.

Thea was afraid. They were just chased by a reptillian beast through a maze.

What was this place? Why were they here? She hoped her parents were okay. Thea knew they'd be worried.

"Congratulations," crackled the automated voice, "and welcome to the Sorting Room.."

Little did Thea know, she would face her ups and downs in this place. Witnessing her friends die, kissing her crush, being betrayed by those close to her, and finally dying.

Thea had no idea what was to happen to her.

But she was about to find out..

THE END?