3

Somehow, Thea knew that this was only the beginning..

As more and more familiar faces arrived, Thea held onto hope that the people she knew would survive.

Every once in a while, there was a scream, and everyone flinched.

Thea could recognise the screams, and it made her wince.

These people, only 13 or 14 years old, being slaughtered.

Thea knew these people.

Then all fell silent.

"Congratulations," crackled the automated voice, "and welcome to the Sorting room. Down these hallways are our way of categorising you. Very shortly, you will be instructed to follow the signage to pick your favourite Little Mix song. Please wait for the 'all clear' to go down the hallways."

Thea was puzzled.

Favourite Little Mix song? That's a strange way to sort people.

Nonetheless, Thea wasn't complaining, Little Mix were her favourite group.

"Please make your way down the correct hallway, following the signs provided." Spoke the automated voice.

Thea briskly walked down the hallway marked with the songs:

Change Your Life
Love Drunk
Little Me
Stand Down
Grown
The Beginning
Shout Out to My Ex
and Power.

The sign was coloured a pastel grey, and Thea followed the marked arrows.

She reached the end of the hallway, where it was lined with doors, marked with one specific song.

Thea walked into the Grown door and shut the door behind her.

Nobody else was in the room with her.

It was a small box room with a door opposite the one she just entered with.

There was a small television screen in one corner of the room, and a shelf on one wall, holding pastel grey shirts with different marked sizes.

The television screen fizzled into life and displayed a repeating message.

Pick an appropriately sized shirt and put it on. Please leave the shirt you are wearing now on the floor. When you are done, please proceed to the next room.

Thea picked out a medium shirt that had Grown written across the front in large print.

She changed her clothes, reluctantly leaving her uniform shirt on the concrete floor. She walked through the next door to reveal another box room equipped with another television screen and more shelving units.

Please pick a pair of pants to wear and leave your pants on the floor. When you are done, proceed to the next room. Read the television screen.

Thea found a pair of black skintight shorts that would fit her nicely, and she changed, leaving her skirt, tights and shoes on the floor as instructed.

The final room she entered was much the same as the first two, but with different shoes on the shelves this time.

She knew what to do this time, so she picked out some nice black leather boots with small heels and pulled them on.

Thea walked out through the door into a spacious, cavernous room with around a dozen TV screens and a long row of wooden benches along one wall.

The screens were all displaying the same message.

Separate yourselves into the designated gender specific areas. Wait for further instructions.

Thea followed the arrow to the girls' benches, where Michelle and Nina were already sitting.

"Hey guys," Thea breathed as she sat down to Michelle's left.

"Hey." They replied monotonously in unison.

"Jinx!" Michelle cried before Nina could.

"Dangit.." Nina muttered.

"Jinx ruins the moment, 'Elle." Thea said, jokingly.

They tried to laugh, but nothing they could do would be able to take their minds off what was to come..