8

"The eighth test will require you and your partner to kiss.."

Thea's eyes widened, as did every other students'.

"You have thirty seconds to kiss your partner on the lips. This test will truly separate the strong willed ones from the weak. Your time starts now."

Immediately, around half of the pairs stood up and started cursing and shouting protests.

Thea was frozen. "Are they going to make us-"

She was interrupted by Dan's lips on hers. It didn't take her long to kiss him back.

Thea heard the ping of their tick, but that didn't stop Dan. He brought his hand up to her cheek, and he wrapped his other arm around her waist.

He twisted her around and dipped her slightly. He then broke apart his lips from hers.

"Have I earned the right to call you Thee now?" He asked, smirking.

"Sure thing." Thea grinned back and freed herself from his grasp.

There were twelve seconds left on the clock, and Thea noticed that Caleb and Michelle still hadn't kissed.

"Again.." Thea muttered and stood up. She grasped their heads and pushed them together, forcing Caleb and Michelle to kiss.

Thea sat down again. "Always them." She chuckled.

Thea looked over at her friends. Denise and Harry were having a full make out session, and Jake and Nina were being hesitant, but still kissing.

Half of the class were still up and refusing to kiss when the timer hit zero.

The lights dimmed even further; the room became almost pitch black.

Thea heard doors opening and heavy footsteps stormed into the room.

She could just make out the figures grabbing the people who didn't take part in the test, and dragging them back through their doors.

Thea even saw one figure grab James' old partner and drag her with the others.

Maybe to make it an even number.

When the lights returned, the room looked more empty.

"Congratulations to those who have completed the eighth test. We now truly have our most strong willed students in our midst. There are only fourteen of you left; seven pairs. Please stand by while we organise the ninth test." Said the 'automated' voice.

"I just realised something," Dan said, "they skipped the sixth test."

Thea thought for a few seconds. "So they did. Do you think it means something?"

"Probably." Was all he replied with.

"Well students. Our ninth test is ready for you. Through the doors to your right is an entrance back into the labyrinth. You must stay with your partner and find your way to the arena. You'll know you've found the arena when you see it. Good luck, and go now. You have one hour to reach the arena. Time is ticking.."

Thea's eyes widened and Dan grabbed her hand.

They stood up together, and he looked down at her. "Let's do this."

"Agreed." Thea said.

Thea jogged over to the doors and went through. As soon as they were in the labyrinth, the temperature dropped rapidly, and Thea could see her breath.

Thea shivered. "Somehow I think this time it will be harder than when we were first in the labyrinth.."