13

"Goodbye, Thea. It's been a pleasure to meet you, but it's time for you to die.."

Thea couldn't move, she didn't know what to do.

"Wait! You don't have to kill her!" Dan shouted, starting to move towards Thea.

Cornelia rapidly turned and pointed the loaded gun at him. "Stay right there, Daniel. I don't want to have to kill you too. You seem like a fine young man."

"Don't you dare kill her." Dan threatened through gritted teeth.

"Oh? And why not?" Cornelia sneered.

"What about your audience? It wouldn't be very interesting if you just killed me." Thea reasoned, thinking on the spot.

"They wouldn't even know, Thea. They're too preoccupied with Denise and Harry. By the looks of things, it seems like she's ready to kill Harry. Should make a decent show. And as for you? I'll just make up some story that they'll foolishly believe," Cornelia said, "anyway, I'm getting off track. Goodbye Thea."

And once again, the gun was being aimed at Thea's head.

"I said you can't kill her!" Dan roared.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't shoot her right now." Cornelia hissed.

"Because," Dan stated, "I want to kill her myself."

Thea's stomach plunged.

Cornelia chuckled. "Oh really? What happened to the star-crossed lovers scenario?"

"It was all an act. I never loved her from the start. In fact, I found her annoying ever since I first saw her. It wasn't until now that I realized how much I just wanted to get rid of her." He said, as if he had a bad taste in his mouth.

Cornelia flashed a malicious grin. "Alright. Kill her. This should make an interesting show."

Dan ran up to her and snatched the gun and approached Thea, showing no signs of regret. He grabbed her and shoved her head onto the trashed bed, thrusting the barrel of the gun onto her temple.

He held her down firmly, strong enough for her to not be able to move.

"Dan," Thea whimpered,  struggling, "don't do this."

"Not long now.." He whispered emotionlessly.

Thea squeezed her eyes shut, bracing for impact.

The next few events happened in a blur of movement.

The cold barrel of the gun left Thea's temple, and Thea heard a gunshot.

She snapped her eyes open, and fought her way to a somewhat upright position. She turned and saw Cornelia fall to her knees, a patch of red blossoming on her white jacket.

Dan had shot her in the stomach.

Cornelia was furious. "You! I can't believe you tricked me! Why you little-"

Thea and Dan didn't hear the rest. They were already running for their lives.

Thea accidentally knocked over a lamp when she ran out, and she heard the illuminated lightbulb shatter when it hit the cold tiles.

And then she heard the sparks; the beginning of an electrical fire.

But that didn't stop her, she followed Dan into the next room, a dark console room filled with small monitor screens.

"Shut the door!" Dan cried, panicked.

Thea slammed the door shut and clicked the lock.

"What the hell was that?!" Thea shouted.

"What??" Dan asked.

"I thought you were going to kill me!" She said, astounded.

"But I didn't." He grinned.

"I seriously hate you." Thea announced jokingly.

"No you don't. Anyway, come look at this." He said, gesturing to the consoles.

Thea walked over to him and looked at the monitor screens.

"They must have cameras everywhere." She said, looking at the live footage on the dozen or so camera screens.

Her eyes caught on one screen, and just as she registered what was happening on the screen, she saw Harry fall to the dirt, and Denise's gun perched guiltily in her hands.

Denise just killed the boy she loved.