Chap 17: My Father. Part 1

"Actually yeah, they did," Yuri said.
"Wow. Your parents seem really lenient," I assumed.
"They let me do a lot. They trust me."
"Hey Evangeline?" Sachael said.
"Yeah? What's up?"
"It's just- I've never actually heard about what happened to your dad. Is he ok?"
"It's kind of.. a sensitive topic. Come to think of it no one in the group knows. I've never told them. How about I tell you all at lunch?"

   "Sure, let's do that," Yuri agreed

"Sure, let's do that," Yuri agreed. We walked the rest of the way in silence.
[We're skipping some time here]
It was time for lunch. "Ok. So I was having a conversation with Sachael and Yuri on the way to school. Sachael asked about my dad. Then I realized I hadn't told anyone in the group. Not even Osaka who I've known the longest. So now I'm telling you guys what happened."
"Are you sure? You don't have to if you're not comfortable talking about it," Sachael assured me.
"I'm sure. If we're going to spend the whole summer together you guys might as well know this about me. After all it shaped my life so much."
"Alright. Go on ahead Evangeline," Sachael said.
"Ok. Well, to start this off, I have to tell you this: My father wasn't always this way. He used to be kind and gentle before I was born. Or so I was told by my mother. Anyway, when I was born, my mom spent less time with him and more time with me to care of me. He didn't like that all too much. My father was very possessive. Once he proclaimed something was his, no one could take it from him. He called my mother his and would blame me for taking her away from him."
This will continue in part 2...