Jesse,

I'm glad to see the censoring hasn't put you off trying to tell me all the amazing things you are seeing – at least I think that's what is under all the black, I suppose you'll have to correct me in your next letter. You would never tell me any state secrets, or anything to put anybody in danger (I know that about you) but I suppose somebody thinks even the excited descriptions of architecture could put people at risk. I expect that you wrote some excited descriptions of architecture, excited descriptions of landscapes, excited descriptions of people and children playing games.

You always were easily excited.

I love that about you.

I am pleased to hear that you have some new brothers. Despite the rules, and what I said, I know that you know I was worried. I am happy, that you are happy...even though you're in a war zone you are clearly having fun; playing cards, drinking (though I hope not too much), walking in the sun.

You always have loved long walks.

Remember the long talks we had about Machu Pichu? I promise we'll do that sometime! When your tour is over, that'll be the first trip we take!

I wanted to tell you that I love you, and that I missed you...and...that I got a new job! You are now dating an Airport Security Guard. Yes, Jesse, one of the guys with the dogs on 'Nothing to Declare'. No, it really isn't that dangerous, and the dog is so cute! The dog, really puppy, that I've been assigned is a tiny little German Shepherd. He'll grow. I'm allowed keep him when he retires, assuming he does before I do, AND I get to name him.

Any suggestions?

I know what you're thinking – 'Charlie, is this really a job you want? A job in security really doesn't suit you.' But, please, Jesse, just let me try...I want to do something meaningful – you're over there protecting me, and everyone else, every day, I want to do something to protect the people from the boarder.

I miss your happy smile,
Charlie x