Jesse,

I know you cannot tell me where you are in the world, but I hope you are in a place where the buildings are speaking to you. I know how much you love history, and culture, I know how much you miss that at home. All the buildings at home are new...with no life to them...no history – at least that is what you tell me, isn't it Jesse?

That is why you want to visit Venice, and Rome, and Florence, isn't it?

I'm sorry that I'm reminiscing, Jesse, but I miss you. I know how much you want to travel, so the Forces made so much sense, but I still miss you.

In response to your previous question; yes, I am still painting that room in my flat red. There is nothing you can do about it. No, Jesse, I do not care what you say, it's my flat. When we get our place together you can pick the paint colours.

Promise.

Really, Jesse, I do not know what to say to you. You clearly write more than I'm allowed to read, I didn't realise the military still censored letters – hello, by the way!

So, maybe you try to tell me about the culture, or the architecture. Either of those seem like something you would be excited to discuss – you're clearly not allowed to.

I miss your excited talking when you see some architecture that you know something about, which is all the time when its gothic, or baroque, and you love your paintings too. I'm laughing now, if you were interested. I'm remembering our trips to art museums, and how excited you became. I love seeing you happy.

I miss your happy smile,
Charlie x