Chapter 55: Boom.

Song for the start of the chapter!

"Sherlock's phone your speaking to," John said on the other end of the phone that I dialed.

I turned down a road and quickened my pace. "Why do you have his phone? You know what, doesn't matter.  This is a reminder call.  Move a fourth of the treasure to the warehouse. He doesn't need to see it all to believe it's real," I said into the phone as I walked to meet up with Lestrade.

"Then Sherlock, Molly, and I will move all of it back to the van and replace it with old musty paintings," John said, making sure his plan a lined with mine. 

"Hey, those were my old paintings that I made," I defended myself but in all reality, I knew they weren't my best works.

"And they're beautiful," John corrected himself.

I smiled as I looked at the Scotland Yard building. Time to set the plan into motion. "I'll give you a text when I'm ready for the fireworks."

"We'll be waiting."

"Oh and John?" I asked as I walked into the building.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for everything that you have done." I don't think I have ever told him thank you. I needed to, it had been a long time running and it was about time he heard it from me.

"That's what family is for." 

I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly to calm my nerves, feeling jittery. Zane thought he could outsmart me, ha, I always found a way out. "Thank you. Well, I have go. I'll see you guys soon." I hung up the phone as walked out of the elevator.

I turned down a hall and pass different people, some of them I knew, but I didn't care to talk. I was in tunnel vision. I walked into Lestrade's office without even knocking.

He looked up from his papers he was reading and frowned at me. "Rori, I have been waiting for a while for you," he said and checked the time on his watch. "Three hours to be exact."

I frowned. Well it took me three hours to put this plan into order. "I've been busy." I looked at the clock on the wall amazed that it really did take that much time to set the plan in place. It was seven at night. I was surprised that he managed to stay in the office this long to wait for me.

"So about this boat yard. Are you sure you don't know any more about it?"

I had thought long and hard of what to say to him but I had to watch my words. "I haven't been honest with you about that."

"And what do you mean by that?" he asked as he leaned forward in his seat.

"Come and I'll show you." I walked out of his office waiting for him to follow me.

Lestrade didn't speak one word as we got onto and off the Tube. We walk to the boat house in silence and I was ok with that. Lestrade broke that silence however when we were almost there. "Where are we going?" 

I held back a laugh, it wasn't until now that he asks? It was about time he started asking questions. "We're going to the boat yard." I replied simply. "You need to see it with your own eyes. I can't explain it in just words."

"Can't this wait till tomorrow?" he asked barely keeping up with me. I slowed down my pace, not realizing I was walking so fast.

I shook my head at him. This was going to end tonight. "No."  I was ready for this all to be over. We got to the front of the large metal boat yard and I stopped. "This is it." I looked at him and then got on my knees and unlocked front door. We walked in together. In front of us in the open were loads different paintings also boxes boarded up. It really did look like valuable treasure but I knew half of these paintings were of my own making.