Seventy Seven.

ok i know it's been eighty four years ok leave me alone

originally this chapter was camren shopping for college supplies and being cutesy but then i got a sudden inspiration for something so enjoy the first unplanned thing in this fic since literally august last year when i outlined the whole thing

-

"Why did I suggest this?" Camila asks herself, staring at the storefront before her. "I have no idea what we're doing. We should just go home. Go home and nap and ask our parents to do this stuff for us."

"Camz," Lauren says, rocking on her heels, "we're adults. We can do this ourselves. Besides, I have a list."

"You have... a list?" Camila pauses and looks over at Lauren, who is humming to herself and staring down at her phone. "You know what we're getting?"

"Yes," Lauren nods, "I mean, I obviously wrote down the essentials, like things we'll one hundred percent need for our apartment. But also other things, stuff that might not be so obvious. Things that'll make our apartment a home."

After a few moments of silence, Camila beams. "God, I love you."

"I love you too," Lauren says, tapping her hand against her thigh, "Shall we go and look around? Since it's mostly furnished, we won't need any big things. My mom already bought us some cutlery, so that's already crossed off the list."

Lauren holds out her phone in Camila's direction, and the younger Latina looks through the list. She snorts when she reads house plants. Knowing Camila, they'll be dead within a week.

"You've already checked a bunch of stuff off," Camila points out. "Like, the major stuff, anyways."

"Yes," Lauren nods, "my parents- um, they have spares of things that we can take. And I already have all of Dash and Leo's things, I just need to pack them. It's mostly just homey things we need. Like- um, like cute cushions for the couch. And a nice bedspread."

"And house plants, apparently," Camila says with a snort. "You realise we'll just be killing them, right?"

"No," Lauren pouts. "I'm responsible."

"You're also easily distracted sometimes." Camila points out. "Like... a new Lion King thing will happen and suddenly that's all you're focused on for weeks."

Lauren blushes, but doesn't argue with her. "That's because The Lion King is one of my special interests. Just like lions in general are. And I'm going to become a zookeeper, but more like a lion trainer, so I can look after them, since you won't let me have one as a pet."

"I love you and all, Laur," Camila squeezes Lauren's hand, "but like, I wouldn't chance getting mauled by a lion for you."

"You just don't turn your back on it," Lauren mutters, and she says something that sounds a lot like stupid head under her breath, and Camila gracefully ignores her. "You know, I watch a lot of Big Cat videos on YouTube. Can I show you when we get back to my house?"

"Of course." Camila answers, as they walk into a store, "keep your phone out so I know what to look for in here."

Lauren hums to herself for a little while, before she announces, "You don't really like shopping, do you?"

"I like shopping when there's something I want to buy for myself," Camila says, "like clothes. Or pizza. And I know this stuff is for us too, but it's like... boring stuff. You know?"

Lauren bobs her head in agreement. "I don't like shopping either, but only because it's too loud most of the time. Though, this store is nice and quiet. I guess loud kids don't come into places like this."