Everything Alright?

On our way back to our room I couldn't help but try making sense of why Max was acting weird. When we finally reached the room I got into my PJ's and sat on the bed. I waited for Max to come in but five minutes already went by. We always share a bed, not in any sexual way. We are just supper close, he's my best friend. I got up and walked around to the living room, and there he was. He was passed out on the couch with a pillow and small blanket. I went into the closet and got out a more confortable blanket, I walked over to him and lied it over him.

"Good night Max." I said giving him a kiss on the head, I then walked into the bedroom and fell asleep on the bed.

The next morning I woke up a little earlier, It was already nine and when I got up max wasn't even here. Not on the bed, nor couch, not even in any of the rooms. I got ready to go out and decided to have breakfast alone.

I walked down to the quad and saw a breakfast buffet I remembered about yesterday. I walked in and found a table, I then walked up with my plate and got some food. The whole time I ate felt so strange, I decided to text Max where he was at but he never replied. I was a bit worried but maybe he went surfing or something, I don't know.

Walking around the resort alone made me feel stupid and like a loner, after what felt like hours but actually thirty minutes I found an adorable clothing store. I was looking at some shirts when a Mexican guy came up to me.

"Do you guys have these in blue?" I asked holding up a yellow dress.

"Sorry senorita but I don't work here, maybe you should ask her." He said pointing to a brunet with a ponytail.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I thought you came over here to ask if I needed help." I said laughing off my embarrassment, he just smiled. His teeth are supper white I was probably able to see my reflection, and he had some beautiful hazel eyes. Maybe he even goes to the gym as his figure wasn't too bad, but his beard clearly blew me away.

"Its fine beautiful, I just came to introduce myself. I'm Enrique." He said giving me his hand, I shook it awkwardly.

"I'm Ava, nice to meet you." I said putting the dress back on the rack.

"Such a pretty name, so what brings you here?" He asked, now I was able to hear his accent. It wasn't too thick but you could here his Spanish side.

"Thank you, and I'm here on my honeymoon trip." I said smiling, he looked at me mortified but then he looked down and then began to smile.

"Nice try." He laughed, "You don't have a ring, nor I see a husband." He chuckled. I looked down and face palmed myself mentally.

"Oh you know, still getting use to putting it on every day. But my husband is around, he likes to wander off." I said feeling even more stupid, he probably thinks I'm lying. All of a sudden I saw Max's yellow shirt through the window. "You see there he is!" I said pointing to Max walking in.

"What did I miss." He said, I gave him a kiss on the lips. Regretting it as he didn't even move, it felt like I was kissing a wall. I pulled away quick trying to regain what just happened and what I was going to say.

"This is my husband Max, Max this is Enrique." I said introducing them, Enrique gave me an off type of smile. Like he wasn't buying it, as soon as Max noticed he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Nice to meet you Enrique, I guess you've met my wife." Max said smiling, I looked at his hand and he was still wearing the ring. For a moment I felt relief, remembering about the blond at the front desk. Maybe I'm jealous? No cant be! I laughed in my head

"Ok well see you soon Ava." Enrique said smiling and walking away snapping me out of my head. I just smiled and waved.

"Where have you been?" I said a little angry, he just shrugged his shoulders and began walking.

"Max." I said following him, he didn't stop. What was with him?

"Lets go to the room..." He said not stopping, fine then.