Leaving?

I woke up in the bed of my cabin room; as I moved the blanket off my legs a cold breeze hit my body. I got up and put my hair up in a messy bun leaving some strands around my face. I walked up to my mirror looking closely at my smudged makeup, my dad must have taken me to bed last night. I walked to my drawer and threw on a sweater. I walked down the hall and into the kitchen, when I entered everyone looked worried.

"Hurry Ava, we need to leave now." My dad said throwing his jacket and laptop into his backpack. He looked at me frantically, as I began to panic Max came around the corner he ran up to me and rushed me to my room.

"Get your stuff ready, we need to leave now." Max said running into my room picking up my luggage bag. "Just get the things you really need we can buy the other stuff later." He said tossing random clothes in me bag.

"Why are we leaving so soon?" I asked confused standing there like a rock, not moving a bit. I watched as Max started to throw my shirts in the luggage before he stopped and looked at me. He walked up to me and stood there a bit.

"I don't know how to tell you this but someone is after you. I don't know if its that idiot who kidnapped you or someone new, but we need to leave now. Your dads worker told us someone already tried looking for you at your house, a guy was shot and he told them where we were located. We don't know how long ago but we need to leave right now." He said freaking out, he was barley even took breaths between his sentences but it scared me enough to begin throwing clothes in my bag.

I right away started helping him, when we were done packing we ran into the car throwing everything into the trunk. I basically left half my stuff behind, my favorite makeup and outfits but ill have time to buy more later. Once we were on the road everyone began to calm down.

"So what are we going to do now?" I asked my dad as he looked strait ahead, I glanced at me then back to the road thinking. I just kept trying to understand why someone would want me, maybe for another ransom but wouldn't that mean they would have to take me when no one expects it? Was it really necessary to shoot a person?

"I have an Idea but you wont like it." My dad said not moving his eyes from the road, my brow went up in curiosity.

"What do you mean?" I asked fixing my position.

"You are going to have to leave for a bit, out of the country. You can take Max but you're going to have to change your look. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you were taken away from me again." He said rubbing his face with his right hand, he looked at me sad and back at the road.

"Dad please, I don't want to leave your side." I said as a lump formed my throat and my eyes began to sting."

"Well be fine." Max said rubbing my back, a single warm tear slipped down my face. I looked at my dad then out my window admiring the change from snow to dry grass.