Our Change

My dad decided to stay at a hotel for some nights while we figured out where I was going to stay. We have planed I was going to move to Mexico for at least a month while everything died down and he found out who was after me. The story we are going with is that Max and I are newly weds and we are going on a honeymoon in Mexico for a bit if people asked. On our way to the hotel I picked up some hair dye, colored contacts and clippers.

"Ok Max, you first." I said shaking the bottle of light supper light brown hair dye. He squeamishly sat down on his chair. I walked over and took a breath, I have never dyed anyone's hair or gotten mine done. I looked at my hand as it slightly touched Max's hair; I looked at the instructions one more time.

"You sure you know what you are doing?" Max said looking up at me, I nodded my head confidently. Not showing fear I put some of the product on his hair and rubbed it in. After about 5 minutes all his hair was slowly changing, he had to wait twenty minutes before washing it off. While

he waited I asked him to do mine as well. I decided to go blonde as my contacts are green, I knew my hair wasn't going to go supper blond just some shades lighter from my brown but I wanted to try it out.

"Ok don't move." He said shaking my bottle of hair dye, he put some on my head. It felt cold as he gently rubbed the dye into my roots, when he was done I set a timer on my phone and walked into the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and saw my hair up in a knotted bun, clearly Max is horrible at putting hair up. I pulled out the colored contacts from a drawer under the sink, opening them up I saw a pair of light colored green contacts. I closed the case and shoved them in my jacket. I looked at myself in the mirror and just stared at myself.

"God what am I doing..." I said as I began to cry, I looked at eyes as they started to become red and puffy. Why did this happen to me? I couldn't control myself and began to sob, sitting on the toilet I put my hands to my face. I'm so afraid, scared, and terrified. Not knowing what could happen to my dad, Max or myself made me fear the future. I was then interrupted by a knock at the door surprising me.

"Hey my times up! I need to shower because my heads getting itchy!" Max said almost breaking down the door. I quickly got up and rinsed my face with cold water trying to make the puffiness go down.

"Thanks." Was all he said as I opened the door trying to avoid eye contact, he rushed in and I walked to the bed. I sat down and looked around not seeing my dad, I walked to the small kitchen and there was no sign of him. I walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door asking Max if he knew where he might be. He also didn't know which made me worried.

I walked to the front and pulled out my phone dialing his cell phone, It rang three times then cut out. He didn't pick up; my heart began to race as I started to get anxious. I looked around the small room seeing if he left a note or something but there was not a single thing. As I was about to pull out my phone to redial him the front door opened.

"You aren't my dad..." I said bringing my arms down, he looked at me and smiled, those white teeth said it all. He probably was here for me; his blue eyes the color of the ocean. I watched as he fixed his sandy blond hair, lightweight it felt like he was showing off his biceps. I crossed my arms and mugged him for a second.