Chapter 6

Evolett

I still had no idea why he was doing this for me. I was never one to complain out loud but this was a lot.

He is the Prince, or was. And I was the peasant, why would he risk his life to save mine? Sure, he saw what Demetria did to me, but so have others.

This is merely an act of pity. Love doesn't exist.

.........................................

By the time it was morning we had found a place to rest. My leg was swollen and my face had a large bruise were Demetria had hit me.

She was going to do more things to me but she stopped because she was tired. And im so happy she was. I don't know how much I could have taken.

 After she hit my face and split my lip, she told me that she was going to burn me. Demetria knew i was afraid of fire, and for good reasons. 

"Take them off. All of them." Demetria's voice was rough and impatient . I bowed my head and began to strip the dirty rags from my body. She sneered at my thin pale body, commenting on the numerous scars and bruises. "No wonder no men would  lay their filthy hands on you.

But the warmth from the fire must have made her realize how tired she really was. She went upstairs to go to bed, leaving me naked and cold, inspite of the fire that was close to consuming me.

I didn't believe in God but I thanked him for Will.

  I pushed the thoughts from my head and looked up at Will who was now sitting agasint a tree looking through his bag. He pulled out some wrapped food and handed it to me.

 "I bet you are starving" He said. I toke it and gnawed on it hungrily. He looked at his bread and shook his head, handing it to me.

"What are you doing? You need to eat too." I said with my mouth full .

   "I lost my appetite. And besides, you need it more than I do." He answered back while putting the bread in my free hand. I smiled at him and began on my second piece. He closed his eyes and rested his back on the tree. The bread was chewy and made my throat dry. "Is there any water?" I asked quietly.

Will opened his eyes and grabbed the water canteen, I sipped a little and handed it back. "Come on, drink more. If I'm right there should be a stream near by." I hesitated but gulped down some more.

The woods were quiet and the sky was dark. We didn't have a fire because some one might see the smoke but I wished we did. Rain had started to pour from the sky, slowly at first but it quickly became heavier. The tree we were under did little to protect us from the rain and since I ripped my dress all up, I was extremely cold.

Will must of saw me shiver because he came next to me and wrapped us in a cloak he had pulled from his bag. I scooted closer, and layed my head down.

"There's nothing we can do until the storm passes so you can go to sleep." Will said over the sound of the rain.

"Will... Thank you. For you know--" My sentence was cut off my the sound of thunder. I thought it best to not say anything for a while. Give him a break from me. Will shivered, and not from the cold.

We sat in silence as we listened to the rain together. I closed my eyes and focused on the heat that radiated from Will's body as I slipped into the dark.

Will

The rain had started to subside but it was still cold. Evolett breathed quietly and held onto my arm as her eyes moved rapidly behind her eyelids. I wonder what she was dreaming about.

       She's so beautiful. I thought as I moved a piece of white hair from her face. My fingers traced the outline of her face and stopped on the large blue bruise that blanketed her cheek. Her shirt fell off her shoulder a bit and i could see scars that traveled to her back. How many times had she been beaten? Its wasn't fair and my heart throbbed painfully just thinking about it.

 I looked at her leg and saw that the shirt I had tied around it was red with blood. It would need to be changed soon before it got infected. I was wrapping the cloak tighter around us when I heard the gallops of horse and men yelling in the distance.

I jumped up, careful to not hit one of Evolett's injuries. Her eyes fluttered open then widened as she saw me throwing things into the bags. I slinged them across my back and bent over to pick up Evolett. "Whats going on?" She whispered quietly. I put my fingers to my lips and she nodded.

I began to run through the trees as fast and quietly as I could. Evolett held tightly to my neck and her hair flowed behind me as I ran. The sound of horses became louder and I ran faster. The trees started to thin out and ahead I could see a small village.

I ran even faster and finally made it. People starred at me and I couldn't blame them. A strange looking man carrying a even stranger looking girl while running around want exactly very stealthy.

The horses and men were louder than ever so I opened a random door and jumped inside. I layed Evolett down and went to the window. I dont care whose house we are in, we just need to get away from those knights.

      The kingdom must of sent a search party for me. I thought as one of them men turned to look, but I ducked my head before he could see. "Its clea-" I stopped mid sentence when I turned back around to see a man holding a knife to Evolett's throat.

*****************************

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

           Thanks for being an awesome potato!