Chapter 3

(A/N Pic of Evolett's clothes to the side.)

Demetria came storming into the barn, whip in hand. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!"

I could see Maya and Iriana following behind,with looks of disgust and hatred. I heard the crack of the whip before I felt it.

A yelp escaped my lips as I clutched the fabric of my now muddy dress. Maya and Iriana were laughing with joy at the sight of me being whipped over and over again.

I bit my tongue to keep from crying out and giving them what they wanted to hear. This was a a different pain than what I was use to. I'd still prefer this over fire.

 The back of my dress was now gone from each slap of the whip. One after another, each time it hurt worse and i could see black spots in my vision. The other animals were becoming nervous and Mary was neighing loudly.

I could feel the blood trickling in warm rivers onto the ground.

Demetria stopped to take a breath, as she did so Mary ran in front of me, protecting me from the whip. Maya and Iriana's eyebrow's went up and Demetria smirked.

Suddenly she threw the whip on Mary and she neighed in pain.

" Stupid horse, I always did hate you." she said as she whipped her bronze coat again.

I tried to stand, to push her body away. No! Take me! Please, she did nothing!

The nausea was overwhelming,t he last thing i saw before darkness was Demetria's blood splattered face, and Mary's body fall to the ground with a single neigh.

.................................

        I woke the next day and looked around. My back ached horribly and i was covered in blood, mine and my horse's.

"NO!" I yelled as I saw Mary's dead body laying next to me, covered in blood and flies. I tried sitting up and groaned with pain, the whole back of my dress was gone, leaving only blood and whiteness of my skin.

I'm glad I couldn't see my back, it'd only make me angry and worried. And I have enough I enough of those feelings.

 I stumbled back into the house and noticed that no one was home.

Probably apologizing to the king and queen for the disaster that is me

I went straight to the washroom and removed the clothes that stuck on to me. The water and burned but soothed at the same time, my white hair was red with blood and the water around was turning red too.

        Suddenly there was a knock at the door, I made no move to answer, just covered my chest. William walked in and stared at me with a face of shock. He ran to me then looked me straight in the eye. "Did they do this to you?"

        I nodded and turned my head so he wouldn't see me cry. "Here, let me help you." He said. It was a nice gesture but i was naked for goodness sake's!

I looked up at him and he must have read my eyes cause he said, "I promise i wont look at anything but you back."

He held out his pinkie and said, "I promise." I accepted his pinkie swear then he began to remove the dirt and wash the blood off my back.

"Evolett, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Its all my fault, I'm so sorry."

I was taken back ,he thought this was his fault?! 

I looked at him, astounded by his words," This isn't your fault, its mine. I should have never let this happen in the first place."

I sniffled and shut my eyes to prevent a tear  to fall.