Chapter 4

(A/N This chapter is going to be short and it is also written in a different point of view. It is a flash back in case you were wondering. Pic of Evolett to the side. Enjoy)

The morning sun shone through the cracks in the wooden walls illuminating the dust. Shuffling feet could be heard in the distance as a girl of  young age carried a bucket of water to a room.

A woman, no longer in the summer of her youth, lay on the bed, grasping hold of the blankets as she prepared to give birth. A fearful joy spotted Her face as a rag was put between Her teeth.

Her breathing was rigid and un-even as tears escaped her lovely blue eyes.

She had never given birth before and didn't know what to expect. Midwives had warned her of the dangers of child birth, since her hips were so narrow. But she didn't listen. All she wanted was a child.

The rag in her mouth did little to muffle the sound of her screams. The few women in the room wiped her face and ran around, doing whatever they could to ease the pain. Tears leaked out of her eyes and she tried to remain strong as the bed sheets were crushed under her hands.
"I must stay alive. For my child. I must stay alive...." she kept repeating in her head.

After what seemed like several more agonizing hours, the room became quiet. A crying was heard coming from the small babe that was covered in blood. The new mother let out a sigh of relief and fell back down against the pillow.

"Its a girl!" one of the midwives said happily. The mother held out her arms impatiently, begging to hold her new daughter. After the baby was cleaned and wrapped in rags, she was placed gently in her arms.

The few women in the room began to clean the blood and put everything to its right spot.  The baby wailed as the mother kissed its soft head of white hair. "What will name her?" asked the midwife.

The mother stared at her child in love and whispered, "Evolett.  Her name shall be Evolett."