Chapter 5

Evolett

Demetrias footsteps could be heard echoing through out the barn. Her hands were folded behind her back and her face was in a wicked smirk. William stood tall with his head held high while me on the other, was doing the exact opposite.

Demetria took a step forward and grabbed a fist full of my long white hair. I gasped in surprise and stumbled as she pulled me away from the protection of Will. She threw me out of the barn, sayin she'd deal with me later.

The last thing I saw before the door was slammed in my face was Demetria walking ever so slowly  to Will.

...............................................

           Will

She walked towards me with the steadiness of a cat and looked as dangerous as a snake. Her eyes sparkled with an evil lust as they stared right at me.

I kept my head high and wondered what would happen to Evolett now that she was alone. My eyes snapped back to Demetrias face and she was right in front of me.

Her finger traced my chest and she batted her eye lashes at me. I pushed her off and started for the door. I was the prince for crying out loud!

"Where are you going?" she said, her voice like silk. I turned around and said,"Home."

She made a clicking noise with her tongue and moved her finger back and fourth. "I talked to your father. As of now, you are no longer prince. You have been striped of your royal name."

I stared at her in disbelief, "First you try to seduce me then lie about my family name! I'm leaving." I said as I opened the barn door and toke a step out.

"Tick Tok tick tok." She said very slowly, almost amusingly. I ignored her and started walking home to get my things for when I take Evolett away. How dare she even suggest such madness.

Yes, i hardly knew Evolett but I dont care, I know of Demetrias little acts towards my father, sneaking to the castle at night to be with him. It doesnt take a Prince to know whats going on between them.

Either way, Im taking her away from this place before she is killed. Its not fair. I'd want someone to do the same for me.

 When I arrived to the front doors of the castle, the guards crossed their spears in front of the door. Somewhat angry I said, "Guys! Its me Will! Let me in."

They looked at each other then back at me. I walked forward and they pulled their swords on me. "We're sorry but Kings orders, you aren't allowed back in the castle. Hasn't anyone told you yet?" the one on the left said.

There were a few times when I was locked out just to teach me a lesson but this seemed different.

I backed away slowly, thinking of a plan to get my things. I was foolish to leave without them in the first place.

I walked out of their view and ran to the other side of the big wall that was covered in vines. I used to sneak out my window all the time when i was younger and now instead of leaving the castle, i was breaking in.

When i reached my window i peaked my head in to check if anyone was there. My door was shut and it looked like no one had been in here at all. After throwing my legs over i hopped down and grabbed two bags. I moved quietly around the room, gathering everything that might keep us alive for a while. Under my pillow is where i hid my secret stash of money. I was rich but you never knew when you could use some extra money.

Evolett could use some extra clothes so i grabbed a few of my shirts for her. It was better than the rags she wore everyday.

What else might a girl need. I've never really been with one besides my mother.

Wait! A hairbrush! I ran out of the room silently and to my mothers room. A brush was always sitting on her vanity and I'm sure she wouldn't miss one of the hundreds she owned.

I was about to jump back out the window when i heard footsteps coming down the hall, and my fathers voice talking to one of the guards.

"How long ago was he here?!" The King demanded. The other guard stuttered but said,"Just a few minutes ago. He was looking for a way in."

"If he wanted to get in, he did. His determination is almost as hard as his head. Replied the King, more to himself than his guard.

The door burst open the second I shut myself in my closet.

The guard searched the room quickly as The King yelled words of frustration.

"Get the guards and find him! He was stealing from the castle and must be punished!!!" The guard ran out the door, the King followed.

After i was sure I was alone I threw the bags out the window and climbed down. Anger fueling every step I ran.

Avoding several guards and bystanders,  I eventually made it to Evoletts house on the outskirts of town.

I knocked quietly in her window and after a few moments, her pale face looked back at me.

Her nose and upper lip had dryin blood and a fresh bruise marked her cheek. My heart ached at the sight but we had no time to spare. I walked over and she jumped out the window, "We have to hurry, i got you a bag." I handed her the bag and she held my arm, fear plastered on her face.

"Will, whats going on? What are you doing?" She asked quietly. I whispered in her ear, "Theres no time to explain, just follow me."

 I led her into the trees on the opposite side of the river and her and i began running. Evolett tripped several times and after about her 5th time falling she stopped and ripped the rags that dangled from her waste. We ran until we could run no more. The castle was still in sight but we had to keep going.

"Will- Stop-Please.." Evolett cried from behind. I turned to look at her and saw that she had stepped on a animal trap.

I ran over and handed her  rag to bite on as I pulled the teeth of the trap apart. Her eyes squeezed shut and she silently screamed into the rag.

Blood was oozing out her leg so i carried her and began running once again.

               This was alot harder than i thought.

********************************************************

    Thanks for reading, it means alot and for that u shall get a cookie.... A fake virtual one. but hey! Its the thought that counts!

        Anywho....

     love ya :)