Chapter 13

Evolett

"D-Demetria...What? How?" I couldn't get the words out. Had she been following us? Did she wait here for us for the slight chance that we would pass this burnt down village? Will jumped to his feet, still holding me in his arms.

"Back. Away." He said with venom in his voice. Demetria looked hurt, her hair was a mess, her face dirty, she clutched a torn shawl splattered in blood, I couldn't tell who it belonged to.

I took a step towards her, Will tried to pull me back but I wanted to make sure of something.

"Eve, please come here, please, I must tell you something." Demetria whispered through cracked lips. She always did say my tender heart would be the death of me.

I turned to look at Will, "Its okay, just let me talk to her, find out what happened, okay?" His eyes were wide and his jaw clenched. "Evolett...I don't think..."

His words were cut off by the quiet yet noticeable snap of a twig. Demetria's eyes glanced behind us and she jumped forward, snatching me away from Will.

I clawed at her arms and she let go, blood dripping down and off her fingers. She let out a scream and in the blink of an eye, we were surrounded by the King's men.

"Evolett! Run!" Will had hardly finished his sentence when a fist met his face with a crack.

I turned to run but was stopped by the body of a huge black horse, I fell backwards to avoid being stomped on. My hands slipped on ash and blood and before I even had time to get up, I was being held down my two very strong arms.

I looked to Will who was putting up one hell of a fight. His lip was split and blood poured from his nose in a single line. Demetria was no where to be seen.

Though my arms were useless I still had legs. I kicked the man's groin and his hands went to hold himself. I got up and ran towards Will, my chest pounding like the beating of a drum.

He saw me and turned his back for a split second. My heart leaped at the chance of being in his arms once more, but soon his arms were being held back, his legs kicked and knees to the ashen ground.

His lips moved to form words but the only sound I heard was screaming. My screaming. I was being pulled back, pulled away from Will.

I kicked and screamed but all was in vain. I desperately threw my eyes towards Will, hoping to see him free and running but instead all I saw was him thrashing hopelessly around.

The King jumped off his horse and stepped in front of him, grabbing his hair and saying something I could not hear.

"Will!" I cried once more. The man holding his hair threw him down and glanced towards me, and with a smirk motioned something I did not understand.

I looked to the man who had pulled me away and he glared before hitting my face with his fist. My eyes rolled and ears rang, my body feeling limp as I transcended into darkness. "Will...Please...." I whispered, trying my hardest to look at him once more. His face was streaked in blood and tears. "Will...."

.......................

Will

It all happened so fast, a part of me wonders if it even happen at all. Evolett was torn from my arms by the woman whom she was about to give a second chance.

Her screams filled my ears as we watched horses and men surrounded us in horror. I was not letting them take us without putting a fight.

I swung at the first man who came at me, nearly knocking him out. Adrenaline filled my body with each swing of my fist.

I told Evolett to run but I doubt she could hear over the chaos that had erupted moments later. There had to have been at least 30 men on horses, maybe more. And though I knew I couldn't keep this up forever, I tried anyways.

The fist of another met my face and I felt my nose crack, I muttered cursed words and threw my fists harder, feeling nothing over my adrenaline filled blood.

I glanced to Evolett every chance I got, and each time she was being pulled further away. My heart pounded and my blood sizzled with rage with every hit received and thrown.

When finally I couldn't take it anymore. I cast my eyes towards her one last time. "I'm sorry Eve.." I muttered through blood stained lips. My vision blurred when another hard punch left me on the ground. A man covered in amour lifted my head just enough to look into the eyes of my father.

"Well well, William. Isn't this a lovely surprise?"

........................................................................

Im too lazy to apologize for this .-.